LegacyGT.com

What pads are you using and opinions

Bigkahuna808

Im looking into getting actually replacing my pads and lines in the comming month. My stock pads are shot after buying the car new in late jan and they are all gone. The local dealer wont touch my car since its modded now. So now Im in the market to replace the pads and lines.

So far this is what Im considering

~Cobb pads

~EBC green

~SS lines I dunno who to choose

What you guys running and whats your opinion. This is going to be for everyday use.

I run Hawk HPS on the street. Great pad, low dust, low noise. I run them on my Nissan as well. Highly recommended. I also just completed a track day on Hawk HP+. More dust, more noise, less fade. A local member has the Cobb's... LOTS of dust with those pads.
ignore him, he'll go away.

I run Hawk HPS on the street. Great pad, low dust, low noise. I run them on my Nissan as well. Highly recommended. I also just completed a track day on Hawk HP+. More dust, more noise, less fade. A local member has the Cobb's... LOTS of dust with those pads.

In retrospective I would get Hawk HPS.

I wonder who the local member with Cobb's is. :rolleyes:

Dude...they are freakin' dusty ! But they are a noticeable braking performance upgrade from the stockers. No SS lines here but I am running ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid.

Where's the best place to get ATE Super Blue Brake Fluid?

Anyone have anything to say about Hawk vs. Carbotech pads? I'm looking for a set of street pads, and a set for track days.

Do either pad stiffen the spongy brake pedal? (I've got COBB SS lines on the way)

Can I stop asking questions?

Running Bobcats with Techna fit lines & Motul fluid....been a happy camper ever since. My only complaint is how much the Bobcats rough up the face on the DBA rotors:(:(
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I am running COBB SS lines, HAWK HPS, and ATE super blue myself with Brembo fronts. The HPS's held fine for a track day had a bit if fade later in the session but they are not a track pad but after 5 15 minute sessions I would expect the pads to fade a bit for not a track dedicated pad. I will run Ferodo 2500 next and the 3000 for the track.

"Depends" for me. Wife uses Carefree Body Shape. Neither slows the car very well. But they do reduce skid marks.

:lol::lol::lol:

Went straight over their heads !

I would stay away from Cobb pads, wayyy too dusty and not that much of an improvement over stock.

Carbotech XP10's up front and XP8's on the back make a huge improvement in stopping power http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=legacygt&Category_Code=SubaruPad

Do you daily drive these?! Or just track?

:lol::lol::lol:

Went straight over their heads !

I would stay away from Cobb pads, wayyy too dusty and not that much of an improvement over stock.

Carbotech XP10's up front and XP8's on the back make a huge improvement in stopping power http://www.liteswap.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=legacygt&Category_Code=SubaruPad

I had been running Carbotech's Bobcat pads for daily use and Panther Plus for tracking. I switched to a set of their XP10 pads for yesterday's track day.

The Bobcats have been fine though recently started to go away. When I swapped them out a week ago they looked a bit glazed. I roughed up the surfaces and will see how they feel when I swap them back in.

The Panther Plus were noisy and pretty dusty. They also started to fade toward the end of lapping sessions.

The XP10s dust alot. They were very noisy when first installed but quited down considerably during the week of street driving before taking them to the track. No fade at all and according to the paint markings on my dba rotors they were in excess of 630*C (~1200*F). If they weren't so dusty I'd consider running them all summer like PhilT.

Youth. :rolleyes:

Hey,I got it!

Street use I use the Hawk ceramic pads,waaaaay less dust then stock and a modest improvement in braking over stock pads..

Track,which I do rarely anymore:(=Hawk HPS

Do they make Ferodo 2500 for our stock calipers?

I am running COBB SS lines, HAWK HPS, and ATE super blue myself with Brembo fronts. The HPS's held fine for a track day had a bit if fade later in the session but they are not a track pad but after 5 15 minute sessions I would expect the pads to fade a bit for not a track dedicated pad. I will run Ferodo 2500 next and the 3000 for the track.

Archived