LegacyGT.com

COBB Accessport Value?

Dave1222

Guys, I had my cobb accessport tied to a car that was traded in (never unpaired the device). What would a reasonable price be for the accessport?

Have a buddy test drive the car, unpair it from your AP? Explain the situation to the dealership, see if they'll let you unpair it?

unmarried AP's are pretty much worthless because of the cost for Cobb to wipe it clean. It's a theft deterrant. As Phate mentioned, just go to the dealer and ask them if you can unmarry the AP from the car, unless however it's tuned for parts that are on it, in which case, the new owner will want the custom tune and the AP so you should just leave it with the car.

Makes a difference whether v2 or v3 accessport. If v3, maybe $100-$150. I think Cobb charges $300 but there's shipping charges and hassle to consider. V2 is literally worthless married. A guy locally actually gave one away.

I wish I could go simply uninstall the device but I traded the car in a while ago so there's no chance in that happening. I'll check out the device tonight to see which version it is. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should have un married at the time of trade in or if custom tuned on it. Proper thing as Cobb advises is to trade it with the car!

I had a client trade a EFI logics built stage 3 STi wagon to the dealership I was at. After trade in customer came back to drop off the COBB, but a wholesaler already bought the car. Tried to track down the car to get the AP to the new owners hands, no luck. The AP is a paperweight.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived