LegacyGT.com

[MA] '12 and '15 STi steering rack (needs rebuild), OEM '07 spec.B steering rack

Three steering racks for sale here. Prices don't include shipping. In order of picture:

• '07 spec.B steering rack, without hydraulic lines or outer tie rods. 165k miles, no leaks or other issues - $100

• '15 STi steering rack with leaky oil seal on RH side of rack. Hydraulic lines from the '07 spec.B rack listed above - $300

As far as I can tell, the only issue with the rack is the RH oil seal. After about 60mi of driving with this rack on the car, I pulled the RH side boot and a bunch of ATF that had pooled in the boot poured out. I don't think it's leaking anywhere else, but if you're already replacing the seal on that end, might as well replace the LH side seal as well as the one near the input shaft from the column. The RH part of the rack might also need a little more touch up. When I bought it, it had some minor rust on the shaft. I actuated the rack (pulling the rusted portion inside the the housing) while adjusting it before I realized. I did touch up the rust a little bit after the fact, but I suspect I was too late and this is likely what killed the RH oil seal in the first place.

Looking at a parts diagram (
), the rebuild kit for the rack is about $100 OEM. The valve seals are another 10 bucks or so. Partsouq has the rebuild kit cheaper:

I'm not sure the whole rack needs replacement, just the oil seal (34122AG040).

• '12 STi steering rack with a leaky input seal, missing RH tie rods and boot. I got this from a friend to salvage the RH tie rod off of - $50

IMG_20200719_2019349.thumb.jpg.2a23c57e47c2f3c86fcbfd33eab95039.jpg

Edited by solidxsnake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...