LegacyGT.com

2019 Legacy Moon Roof Rattle

I have a 2019 Subaru Legacy Sport. Love the car. Wife and I fight over who drives it over our 2019 Toyota Camry:):)

Well anyways, there was a short discussion here several months ago about a rattle in the in the Moon Roof area. It "appears" like it is over the passenger door area. Some were thinking the rattle came from the accordion like material up there. But all of a sudden the discussion went dead. So instead of resurrecting an old discussion, I would like to see if there are any resolutions to this problems, or if others are experiencing it also.

Happens to me at sub 20 mph on gravel areas or rougher areas. Its pretty loud though when it does happen.

I am going to be taking it into be looked at the Subaru dealer, as I want everything to be fixed before the warranty expires, but I would like to have some background knowledge of what you think it could be for those of you who may be experiencing these problems. And if you have had a solution for the problem.

Thanks for the help guys:):)

@gravy Thanks Gravy for the information and Link!!! So you have found that its the actual seal of Sunroof causing the rattle. Gets cold and shrink and allows more movement between the roof and sunroof. Are we talking about the seal on the actual outside of the glass part or another seal?

Thanks again for the help:):)

Yep it's the seal. The structure flexes over bumps and anything less than a flexible seal will produce rattling from overhead. Maybe the seal material is substandard? Or maybe it is caused by the rigid architecture.

I also do all of the door and trunk seals when I do the sunroof. Helps with wind noise in the cabin :)

I had the 2019 3.6r, and it had a rattle. Not sure where it was coming from, and it was in the dealership for months. After a few months, I decided to contact a lemon lawyer.

So it sounds like they could never figure out what it was. That is what I am afraid of. Thats why I am trying to get as much info on it before I take it in:):)