LegacyGT.com

Key Fob not Working!

legacygtwagon

When i first bought the car i noticed that the remote for the central locking didnt work, on taking it apart there was no battery inside, just wondering whether all i need to do is replace the battery? or will it need programming??

If the key fob is broken where can i get a new one? i think it will stop my alarm and immobiliser working?? am i correct??

any help would be great, the car is a 1996 subaru legacy gt 1996.

thanks again,

steve

How long do the batteries last and can they be replaced. My key fob has been pretty weak lately. I have to press it many times for it to work at times.

Depends on how much they are used.

They are easy to replace. Battery that comes with the remote is a CR2025 3V.

All you need is a small flat head screw driver. Place it in the gap at top of the remote and gently pry the two sides apart. Once apart take out the old battery and toss in the new one.

can you do a walkthrough with pictures? I'm not following you:rolleyes:

All you need is a small flat head screw driver. Place it in the gap at top of the remote and gently pry the two sides apart. Once apart take out the old battery and toss in the new one.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Well i have had my fob apart, i am confused as to why the battery had been taken out previously, i will try the 2025 3v battery and try and work it but i was just wondering if it is necessary to follow any procedure rather than taking out the old and putting in the new.

if it doesnt work with the new batery how will i know if the fob needs reprogramming or is knackered. if its knackered what do i do? where can i get a new one? i could also do with a second key? is it costly??

does anyone else have an "autowatch" fob on their keyring and what is it for??

cheers, again, steve-o!

• 2 years later...
Similar problem....the remote control is fine and has been switched to a known good one...but it will not open or lock the doors. They canbe done manually from inside, or using the key outside. Is their a receving unit replacement?

• 2 years later...
Hi i am a new member with a remote problem have tried all the normal methods to reprogram my remote but not using the 8 digit code on the inside of my old remote as i only have a 5 digit code H 9836 can anyone help please:spin:

Archived