LegacyGT.com

Fabsx 2010 LGT Build thread

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does the vband work with the Invidia downpipe? Is there a coupler or did you remove the flange and weld for the vband?
You will need a custom downpipe for any of the EFR turbos. I'm pretty sure all the turbine housing options from BW have a v-band exit. Any downpipe with a stock style flange is not compatible.

Maybe the downpipe could be modified to mate up depending on how much turbo placement varies from OEM. Could be just as easy to go full custom downpipe and sell the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Edited by ebo03

You will need a custom downpipe for any of the EFR turbos. I'm pretty sure all the turbine housing options from BW have a v-band exit. Any downpipe with a stock style flange is not compatible.

Maybe the downpipe could be modified to mate up depending on how much turbo placement varies from OEM. Could be just as easy to go full custom downpipe and sell the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Clearance on stock shield is perfect. Some trimming but it fits.

My invidia catless Downpipe lined up perfect. Chopped the flange and slap a v band on.

Update to about 2-2,500 miles. Kit has not given me any issue. It’s running smooth and the powerband is insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearance on stock shield is perfect. Some trimming but it fits.

My invidia catless Downpipe lined up perfect. Chopped the flange and slap a v band on.

Update to about 2-2,500 miles. Kit has not given me any issue. It’s running smooth and the powerband is insane.

That's awesome, I just bought that used kit that IQ Performance was selling off Ebay, the one with custom headers, an EFR7163 turbo, and a custom FMIC.

My plan is to get the Invidia catted downpipe, I already have the Q300 catback exhaust, install the FMIC and get an e-tune. I want to get some experience with the whole process before I try to install the custom header and turbo.

That's awesome, I just bought that used kit that IQ Performance was selling off Ebay, the one with custom headers, an EFR7163 turbo, and a custom FMIC.

My plan is to get the Invidia catted downpipe, I already have the Q300 catback exhaust, install the FMIC and get an e-tune. I want to get some experience with the whole process before I try to install the custom header and turbo.

My advise from installing mine.

1)Install all of your lines(water,oil) on the turbo off the car.

2)Mount the turbo to the headers(loosely to adjust placement).

3)Remove the compressor housing of the turbo of your choice.

4)Mount the headers and turbo up to motor.

My advise from installing mine.

1)Install all of your lines(water,oil) on the turbo off the car.

2)Mount the turbo to the headers(loosely to adjust placement).

3)Remove the compressor housing of the turbo of your choice.

4)Mount the headers and turbo up to motor.

Thanks!