LegacyGT.com

Start car with no key?

Is it possible? I'm in the salvage business and ive had no luck, which says something about the chip key system.

Others are a little easier to pull off.

Tried pulling the ignition cylinder, arching the starter and spraying the intake with starter fluid and no go.

I know this could be a touchy subject so let me know either in a PM or here.

Edited by RustyRuu

Thank you for all the input. Just curious what locksmiths do when they come to make a key for it, or when you go get a second chip key made. They pretty much can do it at any hardware store. Is there a code in the vin or something that might hint at what key will work with the immobilizer?

Thank you for all the input. Just curious what locksmiths do when they come to make a key for it, or when you go get a second chip key made. They pretty much can do it at any hardware store. Is there a code in the vin or something that might hint at what key will work with the immobilizer?

Not the immobilizer keys.

The dealer can look up the VIN in their system and code the chip.

But when I tried going to one of the newer key/fob combos the local locksmith told me they can only cut the key, they can't deal with the immobilizer chip. (which was fine for me, I cut the old chip out of my other key and used it)

Maybe there is one that can, but as far as I know, it's a dealer only thing.

The dealer will register the new key rfid tag with the immobilizer. This requires dealer tools.

The VIN is stored in the ECU only, not in the immobilizer or key.

Locksmith can only help you if you have a key or at least the chip portion of the key. They clone the rfid chip.

Again thank you to this community.

Like I said I'm in the salvage business, it would be nice to see an engine run before selling it, compression tests are just not enough sometimes.

It's too much work to send it to the dealer to get a key than to get a motor sent back.

I was just thinking there was a hack way to get these running.

I just want to sell reliable shit and take chance out of the whole thing