LegacyGT.com

2015 Subaru Legacy Axles Keep Breaking

Do Subaru vehicles have a problem with Axel's? I lost one of my front axles after only 45000 miles. It was repaired for free because it was still under warranty. But why should it go bad so soon? I did not have any accidents.

What were the symptoms?

I have an issue that some people told me that it might be an axle, while others say that it might be a differential.

When I do a slow U turn or some times when I park slowly in a sharp angle, my rear tire feels like it's coming off just for a second. The rear of the car feels like it's shifting half of the inch just for a split second. Not sure what is happening, but everything it does that, it feels like I'm running over something or someone.

Have an appointment with the dealer in a month to check it out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Do Subaru vehicles have a problem with Axel's? I lost one of my front axles after only 45000 miles. It was repaired for free because it was still under warranty. But why should it go bad so soon? I did not have any accidents.
Do you have your car lowered? This was an issue with another member but only in the front. If your riding normal suspension that's pretty unusual for axles to blow out. I'm on air suspension and have 142k on my 15' and haven't blown a CV Boot yet. My ride height is slightly lower than stock.. Good Luck keep us posted..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I lost one of my front axles after only 45000 miles.

Which makes me curious why you headlined this thread, "Axles Keep Breaking."

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I doubt you'll find anyone on this forum who has had a failed axle.

You may be referring to wheel bearings, which do remain an ongoing issue for some. If so, you'll find some like experiences here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/anyone-wheel-bearing-issuesi-258583.html

I've got a failing axle in my '14 FXT; front right. It clicks rapidly during turns. I'll get around to replacing it someday, if it gets worse. I've got the new CV shaft ready to go in my basement.

Boots on the failing shaft are fine - all of the boots are fine.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where