LegacyGT.com

Creaky seats

Ugh I seriously wouldn’t have had it fixed if I knew I’d lose the seating position and seat memory. I just spent 30 minutes trying to find a comfortable driving position again with no luck.

C'mon captain Kirk are you kidding?..... surely it's not too hard to find a comfortable driving position .... have you tried actually sitting in the seat when you are adjusting it ;)

C'mon captain Kirk are you kidding?..... surely it's not too hard to find a comfortable driving position .... have you tried actually sitting in the seat when you are adjusting it ;)

Yep was sitting in it the whole time. My wife can’t believe how long it takes me either. Maybe I’d be better off without these modern 10-12 way adjustments lol. I’m sure eventually the computers in the car will know how to make the seat perfect for whomever is sitting in the drivers seat.

Yep was sitting in it the whole time. My wife can’t believe how long it takes me either. Maybe I’d be better off without these modern 10-12 way adjustments lol. I’m sure eventually the computers in the car will know how to make the seat perfect for whomever is sitting in the drivers seat.

All jokes aside, I do think it is important to get the seating position right ... especially on a trip.

I found this clip helpful ....

I found the cause of creaky seat on my 2018 legacy premium and the noise is completely gone now.

I took a picture a bottom of seat with highest seat height.

https://imgur.com/a/ihhfXzi

There is a rubber cable clip on the seat frame (Red squared part on the above picture). I found the rubber part was out of the frame a little bit, and it made exact same creaky noise when I rubbed the rubber. After I lightly applied PTFE spray to the rubber and seat frame, the noise was gone. I also applied PTFE spray to the linkage just in case.

I thought you nailed it tried your suggestion, and the noise did dampened but it's right back :mad: might just unbolt the entire seat when the weather is warmer and mess with it in more detail, however thanks for your suggestion it did make a difference.

• 2 weeks later...

:Update on this thread:

Taking Arlo's suggestion, I decided to put some industrial grease purchased from Ebay Mobil AW2 on the sliding rail pointed out by Arlo, as well as the actual rail for the seat. And after a week of driving I can confirm the issue has now been resolved no more squeaking for me. Thanks Arlo.:whore:

• 1 year later...

About 4 months ago, I took it in and they replaced the Driver seat frame according to the Service Bulletin out. So far no squeaks. It was driving me crazy so Im am happy about that. But now the passenger seat is squeaking. Happens when it is twisted left and right instead of foward and backwards for me...but anyways it happens when sit in the passenger side of the car. Would this bulletin apply to the passenger seat as well since it only lists the driver seat.

This car is really starting to scare me cause I am now getting a lot of vibrations and squeak and rattling from it. And we only have 11000 miles on it and 1 year left of the warranty.