LegacyGT.com

Custom CAI for 2.5i EJ253

Hey guys,

Has anyone had experience replacing stock airbox with aluminium bends? I just got a bunch of 3" bends and a 3" k@n air filter I am just worried as there is a few vaccuum lines and plugs that come from the airbox I am assuming MAF?

I have seen others cut parts of the airbox but most retain the main box that connects to the throttle body but that part on my car has cracked. I was thinking of running pipe striaght from the thottle body to the k@n. I am not too fussed about performance but I just wanted to have a solid intake that will not crack in the future - I was going to rock one when i swap the 3.0/3.6 in but my airbox is failing now even after I tried to repair it with screws.

Does my 2004 Outback 2.5i ej253 have MAF or MAP? and if so, how do I address this issue wit the new intake - I have seen 3" aluminium MAF adaptors but unsure if I need one. I can take care of the vacuum lines with a few holes and some bungs but the MAF has got me worried. My car is Australian market btw.

InkedOutback_LI.thumb.jpg.3533d0e0a859af027bd54601aa1478fa.jpg

IMO, leave the stock cold air intake that the car came with. Go spend your money and time somewhere else.

Yes I see your car is NA, but it is still getting cold air from the same place the turbo cars get it.

Go to a junk yard and get a intake box of a car there.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Just so you know, there is very little if anything out there to increase the performance of the 25.i which your car has.

The turbo cars are much different.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 4 weeks later...