LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

^^ That's going to be a stealthy car when done

I'm not much a fan of the whole shiny engine bay spec as you can see.

You can also just spot the intercooler when the front plate is on, so probably paint the intercooler black on 1 side too, 1 less thing the cops will be able to spot. I have a full exhaust on, at most will probably hear it spool and flutter.

Removed headers and uppipe. Uppipe completely cracked around turbo flange. Got a brand new one from a guy on the local facebook group for $20. ALMOST fit. I'm talking 1-2mm. Turbo flange was slightly off. Had to pull the turbo out and I elongated the hole so the stud would fit. Just got the turbo back in. Gotta put the uppipe, headers and downpipe back on tomorrow morning.

Turns out I miss wrenching on the car. Turbo was a bitch as usual, but not as bad as I remember. Oil drain is cake with the uppipe off. I'll keep that in mind.

More spring refresh inspiration/mushrooming- my special ladyfriend just picked up a 2020 Forester Touring last weekend. Super loaded, so now it forces me to add a backup cam to my upgrade laundry list. Got a lil love from the neighboring sales guy, not many youngens recognize my wagon on the lot. My girl claimed it made his day to see us pull up.

When I pull up to my Subie dealer parts guys smile happy. They know I'll be leaving more money with them than with service guys. Edited by SubOperator

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

I test drove the Ascent the weekend prior for s+g’s while she was shopping between models. It instantly reminded me why I love my wagon. Sales guy there said he was interested. Himself the owner of five total, two working Subarus. I saved him the trouble and kept it moving.

Wagons are the best. Something about the practicality but not a space whore from the exterior...I am not biased

It's a shame that what passes as a wagon for late models are huge

I do love my wagon, it is deceivingly small though. Everyone thinks the wagon has so much space until you try fitting 4 adults in a 4th gen, there's really not that much passenger room in the car.

Cars are just getting bigger though. My 88' Silverado single cab long bed looks like a mini truck compared to a new one.

I do love my wagon, it is deceivingly small though. Everyone thinks the wagon has so much space until you try fitting 4 adults in a 4th gen, there's really not that much passenger room in the car.

Cars are just getting bigger though. My 88' Silverado single cab long bed looks like a mini truck compared to a new one.

Very true on both. Newer trucks/SUVs are gigantic. I avoid parking next to them if I can.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

93e344a54d1d8b6711fc0a908aabd196.jpg

Much better.. the passenger side has since been cleaned up. They were yucky. The passenger side does have some weird crystallization thing going on, so I’ll eventually replace it but for now at least the yellow nasty is gone.

I used the 3-step kit from sylvania. So far it’s better than other kits I’ve used in the past. The clearcoat/UV protective coating was what sold me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just use sand paper and you get a really high level of control over the process and it's cheap. Finish with plastic polish.

Last week, but changed my air filter and swapped out a gas cap w broken tether. Refresh lining up for late next wk, most of my goodies have landed. Anyone have input on backup cam that pairs well with Pioneer AVH-310ex? Took one short browse but daddy daycare prevents maintaining concentration too long. My audio/install guy will have stock on hand just wondered if people have preferred brands or price point.

I'll have to keep on eye out for IAG to release new product because the adjustable idlers are on my list of parts to include when I build my motor in about a year

asking saabaru about theirs is how I found out.

for those interested in the 5x100 to 5x114.3 discussion, LIC motorsports made a conversion hub at one point. One of those things I wish I had bought. Maybe IAG could be convinced to make a limited one-run gb? :eek:

asking saabaru about theirs is how I found out.

for those interested in the 5x100 to 5x114.3 discussion, LIC motorsports made a conversion hub at one point. One of those things I wish I had bought. Maybe IAG could be convinced to make a limited one-run gb? :eek:

That would be awesome! Where they the whole bearing Assy, or the trailing arm modified to accept the STI hub.

Reason I ask is I need to mix and mash some axels together to make a hybrid. Being able to just run an STI axel would be much easier.

Great video from MotoIQ
. Mike Kojima's other video on WPC coating makes me want to WPC treat everything in my life. Amazing engineer basically saying what we already know....the engines aren't the best but that isn't going to stop me from loving my car :lol:

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Busy afternoon. Trial fitting and prepping JDM rear end for the wagon and finishing exhaust on the sedan.

You jack on the tow loop? I always use rear difff.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Hey everyone, finally got my LGT running and driving well a few months ago. I pulled the fuel tank and rear subframe and ground down and repainted all the rust I could find underneath. I got to drive it around for a little while and then I decided that switching to a new shell would leave me with an overall nicer build, as the old shell, despite all of the work I had put into it, was still in rough condition. D/S rear quarter panel had been in a low speed accident and was slightly misaligned, paint was rough, and the rust had still caused enough damage to the underbody that I didn't really want to pour money into it.

The new 05 on the left:

attachment.php?attachmentid=290565&stc=1&d=1615058116

I scored it for $1300, which isn't particularly great, but the interior is in great condition and the paint is surprisingly decent for 16 year old Subaru black. I was able to get 1k for the stock downpipe off the car so that made things a lot more tolerable. :)

It has ringland failure on #3, compression tested at 90psi. I plan on moving the 06's engine over to it for now, and maybe purchasing a type RA block down the road if I can justify the cost. I pulled the two engines recently, the first took 5 hours and the second 2.5 or so, which is a personal record for me at least. I probably spent half of that time messing with fuel line disconnects but whatever, it's out now. In the process, I broke this vacuum nipple off of the brake booster check valve.

attachment.php?attachmentid=290566&stc=1&d=1615058116

Is it possible to take the check valve off separately instead of replacing the whole booster? I have the vacation pics so it's not a big deal if I have to replace it.

Not much else has happened since I pulled the engines. I'm currently cleaning the 06 block up as the previous owner let it sit for a long time and it's got a layer of dirt mixed with power steering fluid and oil all over the top of the block. Waiting on my oil cooler lines to get here and hopefully I won't have much else to do besides that. I might order a Moroso pickup to be extra safe depending on how long they take to ship.

One last question, I have a P204-UH ready to go in the car but I don't have the i85 harness that SVXdc used to make. Emailed him twice but haven't gotten a response back. Does anyone here make them? I just want to add an aux input to the back of the radio; steering wheel controls don't matter.

Thanks!

Ordered the VAGCOM 409.1 cable.

Transmission bangs into 4th kinda hard after battery died, then needed jumped, died, then I replaced..

Battery hasn’t been dumb since, but the trans shifts like it has amnesia or something. It doesn’t slip, it just feels confused.

Hopefully the SSM memory2 reset/ relearn will help. Seems like it should, and for $11 it’s worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk