LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing Lower Control Arm question

Today i was able to score a complete Megan coilovers and rear control arms for my subaru for a great price. But have a question I cannot find the answer to it. Found a video that discusses one is hard vs factory but Megan has ones above and below so would like to know are they cosmetic or additional adjustments?

I have been searching online and cannot find any install info on which bolt hole provides which adjustment for the end links. There is 6 and would like to have a better understanding so I can decide how to install. Near as I can find this is a common question but nobody actually says which does what only they wish they had the info at first.

Hoping some knows the answer to my question.

Now I am not mechanic but know how to turn my own wrenches and know how to install it i am hoping i can find out more beforeinstalling this weekend.

Thanks in advance for any info.

20200415_232105.thumb.jpg.bff0a33019a4c9f368214fa83ba567b3.jpg

Without knowing the actual answer to your question, you're going to want the end links to be as close to perpendicular to both the sway bar ends and the control arms as you can get them with the car on the ground, so pick whichever set of holes is closest to that. You probably also want the ends of the sway bar to be pointing more-or-less horizontal, and the lower sets of holes would let you do that if you go substantially lower. None of those positions should affect the ride at all (unless you preload it for circle track or something), those extra holes should just be for getting things lined up nicely.

Barring that, use the holes the last guy used and figure that since the arms aren't all beat up, nothing fell off or broke with the end links in that position.

• 2 weeks later...
Without knowing the actual answer to your question, you're going to want the end links to be as close to perpendicular to both the sway bar ends and the control arms as you can get them with the car on the ground, so pick whichever set of holes is closest to that. You probably also want the ends of the sway bar to be pointing more-or-less horizontal, and the lower sets of holes would let you do that if you go substantially lower. None of those positions should affect the ride at all (unless you preload it for circle track or something), those extra holes should just be for getting things lined up nicely.

Barring that, use the holes the last guy used and figure that since the arms aren't all beat up, nothing fell off or broke with the end links in that position.

Thanks for reply. Not sure why phone never alerted me of a reply. But better kate then never thank you. I did also get a reply from manufacturer and they said same thing you did in a nutshell.

My car is slammed and I snapped a few rear endlinks because my LCA doesn't have those holes. They're there so you don't have to get adjustable length endlinks.

Makes sense. And especially after installing it I can see how that would make things easier to install depending on your endlinks.

Thank you. The ones I have that I installed are different. Mine have more slots for more adjustment. I'm confident we installed them correctly. Drove it home a little over a 100 miles after installing and didn't have any issues. Definitely feels flatter cornering compared to stock suspension. Not that I am driving like an idiot or doing track day's just came across a sweet deal I couldn't pass up. For not much more than the cost of lowering springs I got all Megan racing coilovers, rear lower control arms and strut bar. I'm happy with this purchase.