LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

If it's anything like the g37 the q50 will be...fine. It's handling is...fine. It's steering is fine. The seats are...fine. It looks...fine. The power is adequate. The transmission is acceptable. They're not necessarily bad cars, in fact they're pretty okay, but they're bland. My dad has a g37x and I've spent plenty of time with it... there's nothing remarkable about infiniti's, it's like vanilla pudding cups, if it's offered then oh, okay, cool I can get down, but if I'm buying snack packs it's gonna be chocolate.

Lol if my car sale goes through, I will most likely be buying a G37X. The only reason I would buy it over my 2 other choices (Acura TL or TSX) is because the 3.7L in the TL AWD models has oil consumption issues and the TSX only has front wheel drive, so the AWD + powerful engine sounds amazing from the Infiniti. If I do end up finding a TSX that is a good deal though, I may pull the trigger.

Edited by Alexmed2002

Electric, and it supposedly sucks.

Like, electric can be okay... But the Q50's isn't.

My mother's 2018 Infiniti QX30 has electric steering and it's decent. I like how easy it is to steer for the most part. I do however notice that at low speeds the steering is a bit tight, but it doesn't bother me too much. I do prefer the hydraulic steering on my '13 Legacy though.

• I Donated
My mother's 2018 Infiniti QX30 has electric steering and it's decent. I like how easy it is to steer for the most part. I do however notice that at low speeds the steering is a bit tight, but it doesn't bother me too much. I do prefer the hydraulic steering on my '13 Legacy though.
You don't want "easy to steer." You want feedback, not over-boosting.

Lol if my car sale goes through, I will most likely be buying a G37X. The only reason I would buy it over my 2 other choices (Acura TL or TSX) is because the 3.7L in the TL AWD models has oil consumption issues and the TSX only has front wheel drive, so the AWD + powerful engine sounds amazing from the Infiniti. If I do end up finding a TSX that is a good deal though, I may pull the trigger.

didn't know about the oil consumption issue, that's interesting. if you do go with the G, that VQ engine has been in production for almost as long as the subaru EJ has been, but nissan actually fixed all the issues and they're bulletproof. their automatic is actually pretty solid too. it's a big semi-luxury sedan though, so don't expect it to be super sporty and super responsive, but if you're just looking for a nice comfortable smooth quiet ride...you can do worse.

What is attractive in Q50 is that if you get a 300hp 3.0t and add a few bolt-ons (heat exchanger, CAI, DP) and a tune you can have 450hp. And you can still have AWD.

Wish Legacy would offer this flexibility with current models.

Speaking of steering, some models of Q50 come with steering modes that can be selected.

What is attractive in Q50 is that if you get a 300hp 3.0t and add a few bolt-ons (heat exchanger, CAI, DP) and a tune you can have 450hp. And you can still have AWD.

Wish Legacy would offer this flexibility with current models.

Speaking of steering, some models of Q50 come with steering modes that can be selected.

Considering the Q50 pricing starts where the legacy stops are you really surprised? Two different classes of vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Some of the cars I've been thinking about:

Model 3 AWD with ludicrous mode - should be fun. But $$$.

Lexus IS 350 F Sport AWD - should have fun handling. Significant power gains will be expensive?

Infiniti Q50 3.0t AWD - engine has a great potential and it is a sleeper. Not sure if steering/handling are ok. Seems to be a great value. Lost in trim choices.

If you're thinking of those, you owe it to yourself to drive a G70/G80 and/or Stinger with the 3.3TT. Similar bolt-on capability to the Q50 (see jb4), comes in RWD or AWD, much newer infotainment, better transmission, can get cooled seats, HUD, 360 cameras, etc, etc.. Been very happy with mine.

I've had my Stinger GT2 for 2+ years now, neighbor just offloaded his '10 LGT with motor issues for a Stinger, co-worker just got a G70 on Monday. It is a lot of car for the money.

+1 on the JB4, I've been map 2 for 2 years and love it.

Cargo space is less than my '10 LGT was. but it is better/more versatile than some other options. It is most definitely going to be less than a SS.

• I Donated

To be fair, I can't fit a miter saw easily in the back of the SS, but it fits in the Stinger just fine, as I discovered this past weekend.

It's all about the shape. SS fits more small/easy-to-stow stuff; Stinger fits large/irregular stuff more easily.

The more I think about it, I might just buy a GT off of one of you when y'all jump ship lmao this way I can also afford to buy a truck. Just waiting on that 2021 STI official unveil 0.0 400HP = all bets are off.

The more I think about it, I might just buy a GT off of one of you when y'all jump ship lmao this way I can also afford to buy a truck. Just waiting on that 2021 STI official unveil 0.0 400HP = all bets are off.

This. Instead of looking at a Stinger or a Golf R I kept and modded the LGT and bought a used truck. So now can use the truck to lug kayaks, building materials (and a rather awkward miter saw), or whatever around, and get to the river at spots the LGT or any sporty car dare not tread, while still getting my adrenaline flowing in the Subaru. With no car payments.

Rationalization refresh completed.

FLlegacy, fair point about difference in class/price. Nonetheless if Subaru was offering a turbo Legacy with manual transmission we could have way more flexibility. fwiw, I am considering a used Q50 which makes it much more affordable.

This. Instead of looking at a Stinger or a Golf R I kept and modded the LGT and bought a used truck. So now can use the truck to lug kayaks, building materials (and a rather awkward miter saw), or whatever around, and get to the river at spots the LGT or any sporty car dare not tread, while still getting my adrenaline flowing in the Subaru. With no car payments.

Rationalization refresh completed.

I did the same. Found an 06' Silverado z71 60k for just under 12grand. Perfect town truck but still can help me to the dump and go fishing. Lgt is driven rarely so I can pump money into it again

• I Donated
This. Instead of looking at a Stinger or a Golf R I kept and modded the LGT and bought a used truck. So now can use the truck to lug kayaks, building materials (and a rather awkward miter saw), or whatever around

I'm just waiting for my father-in-law to start wanting to upgrade his 2013 Silverado. It's a basic regular-cab/short-bed/V6/RWD/work-truck spec, but he takes good care of his stuff and is willing to sell it to me for trade-in value, which is already down to like $6500. Until then, I'm borrowing my boss's POS 2000 Dakota whenever I have really big loads of home improvement stuff or whatever.

Next car, probably a 2018 or 2019 Lexus LS500 with AWD. Haven’t decided if the SS stays or is traded in.

Subaru’s haven’t been in contention since 2007, they make nothing that even remotely appeals to me.

FLlegacy, fair point about difference in class/price. Nonetheless if Subaru was offering a turbo Legacy with manual transmission we could have way more flexibility. fwiw, I am considering a used Q50 which makes it much more affordable.

The 5th gen hasn't won over many people, be careful what you ask for. Maybe word it specifically, like " maybe if Subaru offered a manual in the Legacy XT that would hold up to power and abuse, like an STI gearbox", Lol.

Having a 3rd vehicle would be nice, but I doubt that is going to happen. I'm hoping to keep my car for awhile though. We may be moving to a smaller town south of Kansas City and having something that has not just been lowered may be beneficial.