LegacyGT.com

Lift for home?

dahoseman

I'm not sure where to post this, but I thought this was most appropriate.

A few years ago, I was cruising some auto parts on craigslist and saw a listing selling a semi-portable car lift that you can use at home. It looked pretty slick because it folded down to a few inches thick and (the best feature) it lifted the car by a using a pedestal that you lifted with your normal floor jack. Essentially, you slide this thing under your car, scissor it up to let the pedestal sit on your home jack, and give it a few pumps up to adjust the feet so they find the right lift points, and then lift your car. It would self-arrest with rubber feet that angled down when you reached max height (~2ft)

I thought about buying it at the time because it was listed for $150, but I had a lot of other things going on and was about to move to a different state. I'm kicking myself now for not buying it

I have searched around for that recently because it would come in very handy. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything like it made by any company. I didn't tjink it was a one-off build, but maybe it was.

Does anyone know what this lift is? If not specifically, then does anyone know of anything similar that uses your standard hydraulic jack to lift your whole car?

Thanks. I did find those when I was searching. I'm looking for one that uses your normal floor jack, like the one that this guy was selling a few years back. You slid your normal floor jack into a sort of cradle and it would power the lift. When you released it and lowered it, your jack could come out again. Easy cheesy and pretty slick.

I don't see anything like it online. I'm starting to think that it might have been a one-off home-built project

Archived