LegacyGT.com

How do you Snake your Speaker wires

EXBMWFAN

I am looking to find out methods on snaking new speaker wires to the front and rear door speakers. I have the door panel's pulled already. I just want to see what other people have done.

I am installing a JL audio clean sweep and aftermarket amps and Polk speakers and need to run new wires directly to the new speakers.

2006 TOYOTA TUNDRA

2005 LGT 5EAT

2003 VW GTI - sold.

1991 BMW M3

1972 BMW 2002

do your self a favor and get a wire routing tool...

it looks like a screw driver but had a hollow rod on it and its hollow through out the handle, you stick this through a rubbler hose that carries stock wires, pass wire through oneisde of the tool and out the other, and then pull out the tool :)

i cant do with out :)

b

I picked up some huge zip-ties from home depot. There over two feet long but flat so they work great for snaking wires. They also work great under carpets.

Once you get through a gromet just use some electrical tape to attach the wire to the zip-tie and some silicone spray. It should slide through nicely. You can use windex in a pinch as well.

Those wire routing tools are the nuts but be careful!! The edge is sharp for poking through firewall gromits.

I used one to run a power wire through a thick gromit in a Hyundai. I had no idea that I scraped the main ECU harness and I fried the customers computer. It left on a flatbead truck and my shop had a $2000 bill.:(

Other than that... That tool is a must have!!

The easiest way is to completely unclip the harness from the door. Remove the rubber boot from the door and the body. On the fronts untape the overlapping rubber sleave sections. Put a little WD-40 on the speaker wire and it should push right through. Only negative is that you have to cut one push clip/tie on the front harnesses.

You'll need to pop out the retaining ring in the front to get the front body boots back on. Rotate the ring until you can see the notch. Push in on the notch and push the ring out from inside the car.

Archived