LegacyGT.com

STI Exhaust manifold on LGT?

wai_pang2

i would like to put an STI exhaust manifold on my LGT at the same time of installing the D/P. i already did a search. from what i have found is that the STI manifold will bolt up and there are manifold that have an U/P welded on. that'll kill 2 bird with one stone.

i was planning on getting the Flow U/P and D/P combo first and maybe the exhaust manifold but i found this would be more effective(Price wise at least)

my question is: will the welded on U/P that comes with the exhaust manifold bolt up to our turbo's? I don't want to do too much custom work to make it fit/work.

i am looking at this Exhaust manifold/ U/P combo. tell me what you guys think. i think they make great products. i have their coilovers for my 240sx. quality is top notch.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-05-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-STi-Turbo-Exhaust-Manifold_W0QQitemZ8000735564QQcategoryZ33632QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that's the exact same header/up that i got from ebay

i'm installin'em next weekend or so

i'll let you know how that fit

but they should fit without any problem

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

wow, i thought some people were going rip me a new one because on one other post, it said it wasn't benneficial/manifold was efficient.

has anyone already installed exhaust manifold yet? how difficult is it to get it installed? is there anything that is in the way like front anti-sway bar or anything?

That price just doesn't make any sense to me! All other headers with integrated UP are in the $600-$900 range. Why so cheap? And why doesn't the UP flange appear to be on the same level plane with the flanges on the header itself? Aren't they supposed to be level? I realize that it has a flex connect and therefore may pivot somewhat, but still.......?????

Has anybody heard of a Subaru WRX or STi or Legacy with this brand or particular product installed?

never head that brand before

but it's probably replica version of greddy header and flex UP

they just welded the up to the header

i have them sittin in my garage

and let me tell you, quality is pretty good

i've seen borla headers in person and other big name brands

but this header's quality is the same

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

their products are top quality and at a great price. but being that cheap, i don't know how good they will hold up to the heat. thats probably only concern. other than that, i don't know how thin or thick it is.

the reason that came to my attention is because i have their coilover suspension and the quality of them is top notch like i said above. if i remember correctly, they are 16 or 32 way adjustable. i havn't installed them yet because i'm still working on the car. i want it to be repainted correctly so i don't get any paint on the coilovers. a lot of the nissan community likes these better and has less problems to say about them than say K Sport coilovers.

team23jordan: how well do you think they will hold up to heat just looking at it. it might be a stupid Q if you don't want to answer that. the reason i asked is it doesn't say how thick or thin it is. have you jacked up the car and try to visualize it installed? is that the exact one and place you ordered it from?

i got it from ebay as well

but i didn't get it from that seller but its the same product

i think it'll hold up the heat well

i was thinkin bout wrappin'em but firedawgs told me

it might not be a good idea since not all ebay products are good..

we'll see bout that

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

i agree with what Firedawgs told you, but to a certain extent. i believe that this product might be defective or something of that nature. if you compared this manifold to others, the only difference i see is that this one has a flex pipe and others like greddy doesn't have a flex pipe.

just an FYI. when i got my acura cl-s, comptech was the only company that made headers for the car, they were (and still are) $1200.

when the megans came out they were ~$500 or less. the quality was ok, but not to the same standard as the product they were copying.

are you refering to the over all product or are you just referring to the welds or the material they used.

i noticed that the Borler doesn't use a flex pipe but the Megan ones use a flex pipe. does this make any difference or is the Flex better b/c it can flex with the movement of the engine?

Archived