LegacyGT.com

retractable patch cord/cable

rosta

My Jazzy board is on it's way and I have an idea I want to persue in regards to the cord/cable. I'm thinking of something like what's on a vacuum cleaner. Pull the cord to any length and it stays, pull again and it retracts. Does anyone know what this device is called? Where one might be able to find one suitable for about 6 feet of cable? I've been trying to think of something I already own that I could liberate said mechanism. For know I'm at a loss. The idea came to me around 12 last night. It's amazing I even got any sleep. Stuff like this can keep my mind wandering endlesslly. I seemed to want to complicate things whenever possible.

The beauty of this would be a clean install, adding new devices and not caring too much where it's located, backseat access to MP3/iPod, etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if someome here knows what is called and where I might find it.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Better yet, we need a bluetooth connection. Something to plug into the jazzy board and something else that plugs into whatever you are running to (Sirius reciever, IPod, etc.). Now that would be sweet. Hopefully it will only be a matter of time.

http://www.atruereview.com/iphono/index.php

Amen, that would be sweet! BT can be quite a drain and I would be trading one cord for another.

maybe from cables to go ? not sure what kind of plug you are looking for...

http://www.cablestogo.com/product_list.asp?cat%5Fid=3002

Andrew,

Congrats on your calendar selection. Your OB looks sweet! Mine could use a little TLC.

It looks like 1/8" mini stereo to L/R RCA. I'll know more when I get the board. There are over 30 pages to sift through and I'm at work.:icon_frow

"What type of cable comes with the board? RCA? Stereo? Neither...because there are numerous possible ways to connect different audio devices, I have not provided an audio cable. To directly connect a device with another 1/8" stereo jack (like headphones), all you need is a 1/8" stereo patch cable (male to male)."

Ooops! I'll need 1/8" male to male mini stereo. I ordered it anyhow and can probably make it work after a trip to Radio Shack.

note to self: read twice order once

If you don't need to charge your iPod in the car, here's the perfect cable to use with Jazzy's mod:

Zip-Linq 48" Retractable iPod Stereo 3.5mm to iPod Dock Connector

http://www.welovemacs.com/zipaudioip1.html

It's retractable, it's got line-out level from the dock port, and it doesn't need any additional adapters.

I'm even thinking about a PAC SNI-1/3.5 Noise Filter from Crutchfield:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Hw05sChjULT/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=181150&I=127SNI135

Other than not having a tidy solution for switching between XM and iPod (my ultimate goal) I think this combination is about as close to perfect as is possible.

1/8" and 3.5mm are the same size

Cool! But are you totally sure they're the same jack? They are not mathematically the same. Why do they do that?

don't bother with the line filter untill you've tried it first. 90% of the time you won't have noise

If I go with iPod and XM, I'll need a female audio jack from the Jazzy unit out into the cabin anyway for when I want to switch. The filter is not that expensive anyway, and if I install it from the start I won't have to redo anything.

If I go with iPod and XM, I'll need a female audio jack from the Jazzy unit out into the cabin anyway for when I want to switch. The filter is not that expensive anyway, and if I install it from the start I won't have to redo anything.

I just did the same install and went with the GLI. I unplugged it for kicks to see if it made difference - there wasn't any. Still plugged it back in.

My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Archived