LegacyGT.com

Is buying a turbocharged car with 165K miles on it... Good idea?

Mr. Sakkaro

I own 13' Legacy 3.6R and I love this car.. except for few things.. I wanted a Wagon, Manual, and Turbo/Supercharged car.

I see one car on craiglist.. It has few mods :

Stainless steel brake lines

SPT Intake w/heatshield

IPR top mount intercooler

Invidia catless downpipe

Upgraded Oem subaru VF-52 turbo

Gimmick motorsports turbo inlet

McCulloch 8K hid kit

20% tint front to rear

LED interior lighting & exterior lighting

Open source tune 15psi

Invidia uppipe

Invidia Q300 Exhaust

Cartboy XL poly exhaust hangers

TGV Deletes

Grimspeed 3 port boost controller (uninstalled)

and It has 165K miles on it. Owner claims that he took care of his car.. but I am little worried about buying a car with these conditions. But this is the only car that satisfies my wants on the market that I am in right now.

Here is the Link.

Thanks.

Wow, mega mileage, but a fairly cheap price with what looks like some decent upgrades.

If you can get the motor fully inspected (compression test, turbo examination, etc) and it comes up OK, then it may be something to consider.

But in my world, 165K miles is 264K km's which is a 100K more km's than my 2005 wagon currently has...

How many miles do you think you will put on it per year? if you dont' drive much and want to keep it for a few years, you could blend the yearly miles down in your favor.

Also, do you plan to keep it until it dies? If so, then it's easier to buy it. If you think you will sell it in a couple years, you will have huuuuge mile turbo wagon to try to un-load on someone.

Archived