LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

Just as a FYI, If you have a 2015 Subaru Legacy w/Nav, the latest firmware is NU9411 (Previously had NU9020). I don't have the files, I had my dealer do the update (Free) Complained about my text messaging not working correctly, so they updated it for free.

Version displays as follows:

NOR NU9411

eSD NU9411

Power 02.4027

CAN 14.0015

Power Boot 02.4017

Service Bulletin 15-205-16R (Revised 08/08/19)

Fixes

Incomplete SXM Channel List displayed

Thumbnail images included with phone contacts are not displayed (Iphone Only)

Quick Message is grayed out and cannot be selected for a reply message

Head Unit does not respond to touch panel (softkey) commands

Clock display shifts by one hour when daylight saving is set to auto (applicable to 2015MY Legacy / Outback, 2015MY impreza / Crosstrek, 2015MY forester and 2016MY WRX/WRX STI models with Gen 2.0 Audio units only

Yeah just had my 2015 Legacy 3.6R with Nav + eysight updated at the dealer and wouldn't you know it the information and car monitor sensors are not working anymore. I had them update it to fix the SiriusXM channel list not showing up. So after reading this post I called them the next day and sure enough there is a newer file then the one they flashed on mine.... have to confirm which is which when I go back to them next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Just as a FYI, If you have a 2015 Subaru Legacy w/Nav, the latest firmware is NU9411 (Previously had NU9020). I don't have the files, I had my dealer do the update (Free) Complained about my text messaging not working correctly, so they updated it for free.

NOR NU9411

eSD NU9411

Power 02.4027

CAN 14.0015

Power Boot 02.4017

Fixes

Clock display shifts by one hour when daylight saving is set to auto (applicable to 2015MY Legacy / Outback, 2015MY impreza / Crosstrek, 2015MY forester and 2016MY WRX/WRX STI models with Gen 2.0 Audio units only

If anyone knows whether the newest version of the NAV updates are now available at:

https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/#/

Please post.

NOR NU9411

eSD NU9411

Power 02.4027

CAN 14.0015

Power Boot 02.4017

Fixes

But it said it is NU9021 for a 2015 Outback & Legacy with NAV. I flash mine to NU9021 and I lost Engine and info monitor function. It make me no choice ti switch to a aftermarket unit, as I want my unit to display Japanese char( Why a Japan make car and head unit can't do it?) on the song.

I signed up and it appears you only have access to the docs, not the actual updates. So don't bother.

I think there is actually a link embedded in the TSB (~page 5) that will allow you access to the firmware file downloads if you are currently "signed up" on STIS.

... Or you can buy a CD from Subaru containing ALL the latest firmware files for every vehicle they make. Cost is about $65.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Hi, successfully updated NU9313_usb files 1&2.. for a 16 Outback Limited with Navi... for me nothing improved..neither mirrorlink started working properly...i think mostly because problems due to hardware/software incompatibility ... the protocols are working...it is connecting but there are still problems...

best solution in most cases aftermarket HU...

Edited by nickbike

I have a 2015 Outback with the 6.2” Clarion Display Audio Unit. Faceplate ID is CB624UL and current software version is .098. I saw there was a software update to Ver 1.04, according to TSB: 15-199-16R (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/MC-10150937-9999.pdf)

Can anyone help provide me with 86201AL62A Reprogramming File (2015MY Leg / Obk Clarion DA CB624UL Update File). Attaching Google Drive link for uploading: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bUOQ0iImGnsALT4r_WtV07lGTZKorQiA

Small reminder for all those trying to find and fix things.... do remember that everything done by your self will involve ALSO the possibility to brick your HU (headunit) and there is the option search for this forum... PLS don't start doing things before completely understanding what's all this about...Remember....if it works is better that broken....

're very welcome

From my research I understand I own the EU version.

My Faceplate ID is FB444LM and I found some EU bulletin SB16-006-1r that recommend the OE9009. I can't find it anyway.

did you find it? im also looking for the update for this model

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone share firmware for 2016 non Navi Forester?

VIN number is: JF2SJAHCXGH503753

I think I need theese files:

OU9914_USB_1st.exe

OU9914_USB_2nd.exe

Please send me in PM or put the links here...

Edited by karlo-fan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1) Use a regulated power supply designed for this kind of service. Subaru dealers are required to use a specific commercial charger. Some consumer-grade "smart" battery charger models (e.g. CTEK) include a regulated "supply" mode for just this purpose.

2) A computer power supply (or any regulated power supply) that can provide 12 to 13 volts at 4 amps or more should be safe to use.

3) For owners, Subaru recommends just running the engine at idle for the duration of the update.

Can I use Arctic Cat Charger Battery 3.6 A 12V Intl 220 6639-915 during the firmware update?

Can I use Arctic Cat Charger Battery 3.6 A 12V Intl 220 6639-915 during the firmware update?

The correct answer is almost certainly, "No," and I definitely don't recommend that you try it. In general, battery chargers are not designed to deliver clean, regulated power ... they are designed to charge batteries efficiently. I know nothing about the specifics of that particular Arctic charger, and neither does Subaru ... thus "Not Recommended." It might (or might not) work OK, but making the wrong choice could be very costly.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

The correct answer is almost certainly, "No," and I definitely don't recommend that you try it. In general, battery chargers are not designed to deliver clean, regulated power ... they are designed to charge batteries efficiently. I know nothing about the specifics of that particular Arctic charger, and neither does Subaru ... thus "Not Recommended." It might (or might not) work OK, but making the wrong choice could be very costly.

Thanks for the answer. Just to mention the Arctic Cat is manufactured by CTEK.

It's 4 step charger and maintainer.

Please check the package here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Arctic-Cat-Charger-Battery-3-6-A-12V-Intl-220-6639-915/303464443435