LegacyGT.com

Gauge talk

Time to get some gauges to keep an eye on things. Just seeing if there are any biased opinions on brands.

Considering the Defi CR or BF series...anyone say if one is better than the other.

What are the two most important you are watching???

Looking at oil pressure and perhaps some type of a combo one with AFR-BOOST to see are the same time.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I need to buy these within the week. And they will be sitting on my steering column if that makes any difference for your suggestion (s) on viewing and in 52mm

Ready? GO!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as boost gauge, I like what GTEASER went with in the Stack Boost Gauge It's pretty cool that you can set the gauge alarm to display a specific color for peak boost and another if/when you overboost. The only slight drawback for me is that it would require adding a dimming switch or possibly tapping into the dimmer for the dashlights.

On my Turbo vehicle, I have boost, air fuel ratio and fuel pressure gauges for the engine. My factory gauge cluster already has coolant temp and oil pressure.

I could see an oil temperature gauge being helpful if you did track days.

One of the downsides to having a CAN dash is that you can't just cut and paste on it all willy-nilly. Would be nice to be able to pull a couple wires out and replace them with wires from an oil pressure sensor or something like that. Wonder if there's a magical intermediary box you can get to do that.

Side note, CAN is freakin' sweet.

I would monitor boost on one gauge and coolant temp+oil pressure on a dual function gauge.

Recently ordered the gauges from podi http://www.podi.ca/Gauges.aspx. They have a white needle with white backlit gauge with dimmer which I think matches the car pretty well. Priced pretty well. I know they're made for VW/Audi but hopefully the install and wiring is universal. =d

Still deciding on either the Innovate mtx-d dual gauge or the VEI dual function gauge tho.

I counted the other day and I'm up to 13 gauges now. Not 13 different pods but 13 total "parameters" I can watch at the same time. :lol:

Kind of looks like this

11709928_10155769724180597_7588565557126718222_o.jpg

I have both Defi and Innovative motorsports gauges and both have been fine.

How OEM similar are the Defi gauges? Do they had the alarm capability when a certain threshold is reached?

I got the defi in blue to match my cubby, cup holder, foot well and overhead lighting rather than the white to match the cluster.

The ones I have do not have alarm or peak indicators.

I really like the setup I have going. (Thanks coppertone).

52mm Prosport Premiums (Boost and Oil Temp) with max recall. Use V2 AP on the left side of the steering wheel to monitor various other things. Really should upgrade to V3.

http://i.imgur.com/ji35kCR.jpg

Those have been sold out for quite some time last I knew. I looked at my friends Prosport EVO series, seemed OK but bland on color clarity imo.

The hunt continues, we'll see what else I can find for "combo" style

I have the Stack Pro-Control boost gauge and have also got (yet to install) the Pro-Control water temp and oil pressure gauges. The separate LED dimmer is the AutoMeter unit and works great without having to splice into my factory wiring.

In my SS I am running the Zeitronix ZT-3 AFR gauge with the hacker/tweaker display It's a fantastic unit and I will be running it in the GT also. The thing I like about it is that the hacker/tweaker display is not a full gauge, just a 3 digit LED display readout, so it can be custom installed almost anywhere and doesn't take up the area that a full 2-1/16" gauge face does.

And you weren't going to share it with us? http://ccs.dogpile.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20150701&app=1&c=info.dogpl&s=Dogpile&rc=info.dogpl&dc=&euip=66.234.199.109&pvaid=9494ae515aab4eeab1079d97156b6164&dt=Desktop&sid=1830193568.2882075271224.1435777726&vid=1830193568.2882075271224.1426791451.774&fcoi=417&fcop=topnav&fct.uid=243283b6629b4828aad7994a67130d48&fpid=2&en=0WEFU%2FZhSoTF%2FFm%2BpLeuVl4UPZzISdzyg%2BaGYj7N8ISb7M1aTnzzgA%3D%3D&du=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knittinghelp.com%2Fforum%2Fimages%2Fsmilies%2Faug08_021.gif&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.knittinghelp.com%2Fforum%2Fimages%2Fsmilies%2Faug08_021.gif&ap=9&coi=772&cop=main-title&npp=9&p=0&pp=0&ep=9&mid=9&hash=8640C72496F88F7B8CC463C77B3F5AD4

Archived