LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

Also ordered some 17x8 OZ Wheels Rally wheels and Pilot PS4 tires for the Celica. They should also fit the wagon so I may run them just to see it. The poor old period correct Enkie ER01 Rally wheels on it are just to dingy now.

My buddy helping me (I mean he is really doing it, wrapping is an art form that takes the patience of a saint) does this for a living and I had originally told him I just want a 10’ car. He was too much of a perfectionist for that and did a really nice job on the base wrap. I would do a panel and he would just come by and rip it off shaking his head. Avery Satin White base with an Avery/KPMF cast livery.

04 STI on RockAuto. These are the Powerstop branded calipers.

On a side note. I have been working on getting the Castrol Wrap on my ST205 Celica. About 85% done. What a process. My buddy helping me has a pretty nice ABP wagon that I built the motor for.

50419510728_f52b180cf9_c.jpg

50420201871_a8bed8553e_c.jpg

50420369897_22dbdefa4d_c.jpg

I figured when I went on the site. Saw the powerstop and centric ones. Just wasn’t sure. Thx for confirming.

Awesome celica btw.

Edited by luckybullitt

I have the 20mm Whiteline RSB and Moog end links on my wagon, no issues here. Are you sure it’s tapping the control arm? If the end links are even a little bit loose they will make a knocking noise. Try tightening the end links up again first. If they were hitting the control arm, I’d think you’d have bigger issues.

Thx. Everthing seemed nice and tight when I put in coilovers but I will take another look at the issue when I switch for my winter rims.

Wifemobile moves under its own power again. Just gotta make a downpipe for it, and off to tuning land we go.

Used the wagon for wagon things, to facilitate a friend's bad decisions. Fun shop project coming up - stuffing an S2000 motor/trans into his Datsun 620.

Friend has good taste going with the F20 over the F22. If you really want to make that Datsun a riot to drive try to find an AP2 tranny to use instead of the AP1.

More concerning, however, is the constant puffs of air and minor wisps of smoke from the oil filler neck while the car is idling. I haven't tested what happens when rev'ing the motor. I'm really hoping I didn't screw up the break-in so bad that the rings didn't seat.

while usually thought to be a problem, this is actually completely normal as far as I was told. mine does it and burns less than half a quart over 3k miles. I remember being very concerned but I believe both Underdog and GTTuner (if you all remember Paul) told me it was normal. I think it has to do with the PCV system.

while usually thought to be a problem, this is actually completely normal as far as I was told. mine does it and burns less than half a quart over 3k miles. I remember being very concerned but I believe both Underdog and GTTuner (if you all remember Paul) told me it was normal. I think it has to do with the PCV system.

Yep, you're correct. Tested it with a friend pressing the accelerator and the puffs completely vanish once the engine is rev'd. So happy about that. Haven't checked my oil since my drives this weekend, but am still smelling something burning in the engine bay. Guess I'll continue keeping an eye out for leaks, even though I'm completely stumped on where they could be coming from.

Just a thought, check the turbo. Often when you can smell either oil or coolant, but can't find a leak on the motor, it's one of the feed/drain lines on the turbo. The turbo runs so hot that it just flashes off immediately without drips. Took me forever to find a mystery coolant leak and it turned out it was from the banjo on the turbo.

Last driver skills day this weekend. Going to try and resurrect my wagon for the event. Last one I attended with the wagon was 2014. I blew the hg. I'm kind of hoping for similar fun

or not. Just found out one of my in-laws tested positive after spending several hours at the weekly family dinner. Getting tested and going into quarantine tomorrow.

Contact tracking is mind blowing.

or not. Just found out one of my in-laws tested positive after spending several hours at the weekly family dinner. Getting tested and going into quarantine tomorrow.

Contact tracking is mind blowing.

woah. good luck!

So I did a thing...

I installed a Grimmspeed intake after doing a bunch of research. I knew I would probably worry about the IAT increase sitting for a while. Sure enough, sitting in the Chic-fil-a drive-thru for 15 min, I saw an increase of 80 degrees in the IAT. So I decided to try to see what I could do about it.

After much thought, I bought an intake snorkel from a 5th gen hoping it might be better for the angles I wanted. It wasn't, but it did provide material.

IMG_7737.thumb.JPG.414eac51677093bca7c8e80894f587ae.JPG

Yes, I actually cut that hole in my GS box...

IMG_7738.thumb.JPG.4a14d9afb5b6039702ee7e234d4c7b23.JPG

Hello MAF, I do kinda like that I can see the connector now without having the remove the box.

IMG_7739.thumb.JPG.f287d7a98e1b1122921edb8c8cd7e45b.JPG

IMG_7740.thumb.JPG.ac559c6878b79613db5349e1c7b14a4a.JPG

IMG_7741.thumb.JPG.47ec9432feb8587b40299a0227bcc6c0.JPG

IMG_7734.thumb.JPG.4448bdea847a4257ade035d4abe46b76.JPG

I cut up the 5th gen intake for material and plastic welded an extension on the 4th gen snorkel. Of course the top weld is the ugliest of the lot... I'll make it pretty later; wanted to make sure it was working first. The airflow goes through the stock snorkel, then flows through the hole in the box that it aligns with.

IMG_7742.thumb.JPG.9186e0a02d85bb86aa96032447d2c261.JPG

Needed to block off the open fender well that was sucking in all the nice, hot exhaust air from the manifold. It's a piece of kydex I had with some heatshield product radiant heat blocker. It's probably temporary for now, I plan to plastic weld a permanent piece in there at some point.

IMG_7743.thumb.JPG.1a196ee7a628696ee3f0b2200cbdf78c.JPG

All that's left of the 5th gen snorkel after I was done. I bought it because you can get them for approx $20 where the 4th gen is $70+

Driving, I see the IAT 1-2 degrees from ambient (I actually had matching ambient on the interstate today). I sat for 30 min yesterday and had it eventually work up to +60 degrees (hard to beat heatsoak). However, I shed 50 degrees of that heat in 90 seconds of driving at 40 mph.

Was it a good idea overall, we'll see.

Was it a fun challenge to try to see if I could improve something, definitely. :lol:

Edited by Infosecdad

So I did a thing...

I installed a Grimmspeed intake after doing a bunch of research. I knew I would probably worry about the IAT increase sitting for a while. Sure enough, sitting in the Chic-fil-a drive-thru for 15 min, I saw an increase of 80 degrees in the IAT. So I decided to try to see what I could do about it.

After much thought, I bought an intake snorkel from a 5th gen hoping it might be better for the angles I wanted. It wasn't, but it did provide material.

[ATTACH]287412[/ATTACH]

Yes, I actually cut that hole in my GS box...

[ATTACH]287413[/ATTACH]

Hello MAF, I do kinda like that I can see the connector now without having the remove the box.

[ATTACH]287414[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]287415[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]287416[/ATTACH]

I cut up the 5th gen intake for material and plastic welded an extension on the 4th gen snorkel. Of course the top weld is the ugliest of the lot... I'll make it pretty later; wanted to make sure it was working first. The airflow goes through the stock snorkel, then flows through the hole in the box that it aligns with.

[ATTACH]287417[/ATTACH]

Needed to block off the open fender well that was sucking in all the nice, hot exhaust air from the manifold. It's a piece of kydex I had with some heatshield product radiant heat blocker. It's probably temporary for now, I plan to plastic weld a permanent piece in there at some point.

[ATTACH]287418[/ATTACH]

All that's left of the 5th gen snorkel after I was done. I bought it because you can get them for approx $20 where the 4th gen is $70+

Driving, I see the IAT 1-2 degrees from ambient (I actually had matching ambient on the interstate today). I sat for 30 min yesterday and had it eventually work up to +60 degrees (hard to beat heatsoak). However, I shed 50 degrees of that heat in 90 seconds of driving at 40 mph.

Was it a good idea overall, we'll see.

Was it a fun challenge to try to see if I could improve something, definitely. :lol:

dei gold foil?

or better yet heatshieldproducts sells stick on heat shielding that's really effective at preventing heat transmission

dei gold foil?

or better yet heatshieldproducts sells stick on heat shielding that's really effective at preventing heat transmission

I still have a bunch of the headshield stick on from that 2' x 2' sheet I got for the lower plug.

Just haven't decided where to apply it yet (and whether or not to get really aggressive at sealing off the fender well...

I still have a bunch of the headshield stick on from that 2' x 2' sheet I got for the lower plug.

Just haven't decided where to apply it yet (and whether or not to get really aggressive at sealing off the fender well...

you could always pull apart the ac unit and move it into the cold air box for actual, you know, cold air

Just a thought' date=' check the turbo. Often when you can smell either oil or coolant, but can't find a leak on the motor, it's one of the feed/drain lines on the turbo. The turbo runs so hot that it just flashes off immediately without drips. Took me forever to find a mystery coolant leak and it turned out it was from the banjo on the turbo.[/quote']

You know, that's a really good point. I don't think I replaced the copper washers on the banjo bolts. Certainly makes sense it would be there too, since the smell appears to be coming from that area, and immediately enters the cabin at a stop if I turn off HVAC recirculation.

Just a thought' date=' check the turbo. Often when you can smell either oil or coolant, but can't find a leak on the motor, it's one of the feed/drain lines on the turbo. The turbo runs so hot that it just flashes off immediately without drips. Took me forever to find a mystery coolant leak and it turned out it was from the banjo on the turbo.[/quote']

I wonder if that's where my occasional oil smell comes from. I haven't been able to find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much going on...Honeymoon in full swing. When I get back in a week a lot of work will start up that has been delayed by a pesky wedding. Only reason I thought to post was a google calendar notification that my car turned 16 today

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Not much going on...Honeymoon in full swing. When I get back in a week a lot of work will start up that has been delayed by a pesky wedding. Only reason I thought to post was a google calendar notification that my car turned 16 today

Happy honeymoon and happy anniversary :) Don't criss-cross two in any discussion, take my word of a man married for >20 years :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

So I put in new Timken rear wheel bearings for both sides in March.. and last week, under hard cornering the left side started giving me the grinding sounds that was the oh-so-familiar grinding from my stock bearings at 150k kms.. the Timken lasted maybe 6k kms?

That was a shitty job and I don't look forward to having to do it again.