LegacyGT.com

HID Issue with passenger side

Hey guys so I installed my 2nd set of hids I got from ddm tuning and I still seem to get the same problem. The passenger headlight will turn on dimly for a couple second and then slowly fade away. I have the 55w lot ad 6000k bulbs. Could the wattage be an issue? I read around on the forum and it seems people are tuning these with no problem so I am clueless now. Could the ballast be bad? Any help you be great!

Thanks!!!

Your gonna need a relay if your going to run the 55w. However ddm tuning relays are generally garbage. But still order one. Change the fuse in it to a more sturdier one ans put electrical tape all over that plug part.

Check to make sure they are connected tightly, check the metal prong that connects to the factory headlight socket. Check the wires for no cuts on both the hids and stock socket. If all is good then I will assume either the ballast or bulb is bad try checking them with the driver side hid to see which one is the problem

That's odd.

I would still think that is probably due to production variances/cheap product.

If it bothers you enough I would probably replace both bulbs with some better ones. I'd probably look into what TRS has.

DDM tuning HID stuff blows. I never had any luck with their crap and always had a hard time with their customer service.

Get this and call it a day: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3893

You will never have any problems with it and it comes with HIGH quality components. I should've done this from the beginning, but ended up wasting almost twice the cost in replacing bulbs/ballasts.

Oh, and their customer service kicks ass.

No, I'm not affiliated with TRS in any way. I'm just a happy returning customer. I get my HID components from them for my other HID projects.

• 1 month later...
I got the Raptor V2 kit from DDM back in March (55w 6000k) and I noticed today that my passenger side light looked white leaning towards yellow and was kind of dim, but my drivers side was still white with a bit of blue and bright. I blacked out my headlight housings over this past weekend, so I was a bit worried that I messed something up. I checked the bulb, and it wasn't seated properly, so I fix that and the light got brighter, but the color issue didn't go away. I contacted DDM and am waiting to hear back. I'd like to get the Morimoto kit down the road, but for now a replacement bulb will do. Although, I didn't check the connections, I'll have to do that tomorrow.

ive had the ddm kit for over four years and not a flicker. i guess i got one of the good batches

From what I've heard DDM switched manufacturing and it's crap now....:icon_sad:

I've had their 55W 5K Kit for ~3 years now myself with ZERO Issues, but in the last year I've heard more horror stories than I can recount:cool:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but does anybody else have experience with the TRS Morimoto Elite HID System?

I want to get HIDs, but don't have the patience to do a full retrofit. This kit seems to fit the bill with the H7 style bulbs so I won't have light scattering everywhere with mismatched projectors.

I'm just looking for opinions/reviews/advice. Thanks!

Archived