LegacyGT.com

05 Legacy Audio FAQ Compiled from board

gfxdave99

Not all 7" displays are the same dimensions. We know that the Nexus 7 2013 fits, but not sure on other displays.

I hear ya.

I'm looking at the, Alpine ILX-W650. Crutchfield doesn't have very exact dimensions. I saw someone say this exact unit worked in their 08'.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the full conversion with i88 adapter. Crutchfield guy, naturally doesn't think I'll be able to maintain factory Sub use. I have to believe that adapter allows me to tie into the entirety of the factory sound system? right? yeesh

Depends on what you are going for.

If you are bluetooth/wired to the stereo and the sub is still inline for the speaker wiring, you should be fine.

If you are doing something else with the wiring so the sub is no longer in the speaker wiring path, then you wouldn't. :-D

Depends on what you are going for.

If you are bluetooth/wired to the stereo and the sub is still inline for the speaker wiring, you should be fine.

If you are doing something else with the wiring so the sub is no longer in the speaker wiring path, then you wouldn't. :-D

Yeah for now I'm just trying to put this new HeadUnit in maintaining all the factory stereo then some day put new new speakers and sub and amp.

Nice.

I have a Nexus 7 2013 for BtSSM and movies, bluetoothed to a GROM Audio that's plugged into a 2007-09 factory stereo.

Then I have a small amp that all the output goes to that powers the four main speakers and two tweeters, along with the factory sub under the driver's seat.

It's not much, but I like the sound output/balance.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't know if this fits or is applicable but deals with the the 2005 OEM radio with Auto Dual Zone as this this the only oem radio that can be converted retaining HVAC controls and allowing for double DIN install, I'm currently underway, it requires not for the novice soldering, buts that's it, I bought a plastic fascia for $40 and radio from bone yard for 30 so instead of $300 weeks later, cost me under $100, minus HU, steering controls.

This is a pdf a member made a post about I take no credit just listing as a resource, original thread was on here as is the pdf.

PDF

Subaru Legacymod.pdf

• 1 month later...
For a more OEM alternative, I upgraded to the P204UH head unit with an svxdc harness to use the factory aux jack in the center console, then I plugged a Bluetooth receiver into the aux and 12V jack there. Factory aux, through and through, that's easily converted to Bluetooth.

I'm upgrading to a JDM double DIN setup, though

What is an svxdc harness? Have you done a write up? I’m currently using a bt>fm thing and the static is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
the audio system in my '05 is legitimately the worst part of the driving experience. i should've just dumped some money into it years ago :/

You also have a few alternatives, Im currently looking into the Teyes system that goes instead of the cubby so the original system stays and even operational (unless you have the original nav), Ill try to make a review soon.

Oh and nothing you choose is cheap ... maybe only aux mods.

I'm a bit late to the party but I just bought a 2005 Outback XT. I was surprised by how challenging it would be to put a bluetooth system in the car so I achieved it in a sort of round about method. I installed a bluetooth amp and a set of relays to switch the speakers over from radio to bluetooth. I recorded my process in case anyone else wants to give it a go.

Jaxon this solution is exactly what I’m looking for in my 05 Forester, thank you!

OEM looking & functional radio but Bluetooth on demand 😍

Jazzy boards won’t work on my Foz (Aus spec) so this looks like a nice lil project.