LegacyGT.com

Front Lip Spoiler Thread

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm thinking about ordering a lip, but I noticed underneath the bumper there are push fasteners to remove the plastic guard thing, will the lip cover these fasteners when installed or will I still be able to access these clips to take the plastic guard thing off.

I would like to know this too. Should I just cover them anyways?

• 9 months later...
For those suggesting to use the pop-its to supplement the existing screws, what's the benefit of doing that over just using more screws in between the existing screw locations?

Can someone provide a link on what a pop-it is? Getting no hits on a google search other than the firecracker things you throw at the ground. Hard to hold on a spoiler with those, right?

Can someone provide a link on what a pop-it is? Getting no hits on a google search other than the firecracker things you throw at the ground. Hard to hold on a spoiler with those, right?

You'll have better luck searching Plastic Rivets or Push Retainers than pop-its.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=subaru+plastic+rivets&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Asubaru+plastic+rivets

Edited by JLGT

You can also get packs of clips from them via Amazon Prime. Just FYI.

Edit: darnit...just realized JLGT basically said the same thing two posts above...

You could probably do it, but I have heard it's finicky and needs a little modification here and there to fit really well. blklgt05 had his body shop install his with lots of double sided 3M tape and screws so the fit was gorgeous. If it was the v-limited lip, its and easy DIY, but the JDM will take some patience depending on the level of detail you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the v-limited lip - Would you guys accept this or worth trying to return for a new piece - debating whether I'm gonna plastidip it black or not and if this is something I should go through the hassle of trying to return - end of day it's a lip and it's gonna beat up quick I assume

Image1487644326.084474.thumb.jpg.708f178d45dd17adcb3d90d2dabf016a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that has material missing I would get a replacement since it will cast shadows and maybe be even more visible when/if painted.

If it's just discoloration, then it only matters if you are going to leave it unpainted.

If that has material missing I would get a replacement since it will cast shadows and maybe be even more visible when/if painted.

If it's just discoloration, then it only matters if you are going to leave it unpainted.

yeah there's chunks of the top layer of finish off of it -

Just got the v-limited lip - Would you guys accept this or worth trying to return for a new piece - debating whether I'm gonna plastidip it black or not

Looks like it got bent during supplier handling or shipping, causing the coating to flake off. It also looks like it has a defect (blemish/depression).

Did you sign for it at delivery? Is the box beat up like it was dropped or crunched? You may need to file a claim with the shipper.

Contact supplier/manufacture and see what they can do for you. If they're willing to work with you for a replacement, see if you can have them double box the new one.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...