LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Yeah, my front bumper never lines up right anymore -_-

Scratched some paint off the front left fender while bringing the garbage can in from the curb... this paint is seriously some soft sh*t. I take some fault there for not diligently maintaining with treatment or waxings. All the more reason to motivate me to wrap it in Vinyl.

Yeah, my front bumper sticks out slightly near the headlights. Also you're not kidding about that paint. My front bumper is thrashed with bug gut etchings and rock chips. The wax helped hide some of it haha.

k6OiPJU.jpg

Gave her a good detail the other day. I use Ammo NYC sealant and carnuba wax. Got a new foam lance for the pressure washer and a new method to washing. No more rinse bucket. You just use a bunch of microfibers and flip sides as you go. Then grab a new clean towel. The love marks are minimal on the car since I polished it in August so it definitely works.

Been meaning to get the lower mesh cut and in. I made a template but then my parts arrived so spent half an hour replacing the squeaking idler pulley. Did the tensioner and the belt too. Can't believe how quiet it is now.

finally got a good look at the new short block, etc. (the block is much cleaner than everything else, as you would expect - it looks, well, brand spankin new!) - spent some time cleaning the engine compartment, cross frame, etc. - basically anywhere there might be some residual oil or penetrant from the replacement. (don't get me wrong - everything was pretty clean overall, but every time I drive since getting the new block, I can smell it burning off in the garage) - they did a super nice job - everything is right where it's supposed to be - I didn't see any broken fasteners, all the wires, etc. were tucked in where they were supposed to be, etc. (only thing missing were two little plastic fasteners from the side of the engine underpanel thing where they attach to the mudgard - there should be three, and one was missing on each side - I can live with that!)

Got the airbag recall work done. Pretty quick in and out. No issues with interior damage. Only thing that bummed me out was they didn't run it through the car wash lol was covered in pollen and would have been a nice complimentary touch. Guess I need to be a paying customer to get *free stuff :lol:

Edit: Oh yeah, spent 30 min this morning washing both vehicles off.. my a**hole neighbor power washed his front stairs yesterday, and guess what direction he pointed it? >_<

Legacy didn't get covered too bad, but the new forester did. It appears I got lucky and none of the stone/dirt/debris embedded into the paint, but it took a good bit of patience and water force to rinse everything off. Even carefully took 2 or 3 microfiber towels to ensure all debris was wiped off. I was/am p*ssed. They're very inconsiderate/lazy people. Only downside of moving to my current place.

Edited by Loya1ty

Edit: Oh yeah, spent 30 min this morning washing both vehicles off.. my a**hole neighbor power washed his front stairs yesterday, and guess what direction he pointed it? >_<

Legacy didn't get covered too bad, but the new forester did. It appears I got lucky and none of the stone/dirt/debris embedded into the paint, but it took a good bit of patience and water force to rinse everything off. Even carefully took 2 or 3 microfiber towels to ensure all debris was wiped off. I was/am p*ssed. They're very inconsiderate/lazy people. Only downside of moving to my current place.

Hopefully, they only power wash the steps once a year, I would politely say something to them.

I had an issue with my neighbors landscapers cleaning the driveway with a leaf blower after every time they mowed his lawn. Our driveways are next to each with 4" of grass in between them and connected at the end. Any car in my driveway ends up with grass and dust all over it. It is very annoying, but I lost it when they did it to my fresh detailed car. I said something to my neighbor who apologized and talked to his landscaper. (it probably helps that my neighbor and I are friendly) He doesn't use that landscaper anymore but last years landscaper had a 'brilliant idea' of using weed killer on the 4" of grass between our driveways rather than mow it, which killed all the grass and now its just all weeds. Neither of us are happy about that.

Change the brakes and rotors, Hawk HPS and Centric. First time ever changing myself. Had some issues with the back rotors as I forgot to disengage the ebrake. Other than that fairly easy with a little swearing at a few bolts.

Thanks again to the forum for the DIY!

When I got my windshield repaired the LARGE repairman dented my wheel well. When trying to loosen a bolt on the calipers I guess my shoulder pushed up the wheel well from below and popped out the dent. BONUS!

Edited by gimpydingo

Just thought about this. How much more oil do you need with the external cooler?

I started off of Mishimoto's specs, their similar sized kit says 3/4 of a quart.. I ended up putting in around 1-1/4 qt because the kit I put together has 6" longer lines and also to replace the oil that spilled when we pulled the oil filter to install the sandwich plate.

Not sure what to tell you. It was the rev9 kit. Had to modify the drivers side piping. Didn't take really walk through pics or anything. This was just the supplied crash bar with it. We did slot the top a little to move it back another 1/4in to help go further back on the top mounting tabs. Then below all that on the frame we curled up the bottom about 1/4in as well, rather than folding down like what you did.b17b97292bbacedad5709e56782d9fef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Changed all 4 plugs and coils this morning.

This site is a gold mine for reference on how-to-do's.

Took me 2hrs flat. No engine raise or drop, just used some creativity with my existing tools and ended up with a few hand scratches.

I highly doubt this was EVER done (2010 GT)

I've only had the car 2 years, but that being said, I don't want to ever do this again lol

ed886ff65c9612f020161a6aee8973a0.jpg8cc37d3d7e8ab178608bd4e94ac3041d.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Changed all 4 plugs and coils this morning.

This site is a gold mine for reference on how-to-do's.

ed886ff65c9612f020161a6aee8973a0.jpg8cc37d3d7e8ab178608bd4e94ac3041d.jpg

Were you getting misfire codes? It looks like those coils are nearing the end of their life.