LegacyGT.com

World Subaru in NJ

Two-Five Sti-L

I bought my LGT from them in OCT '04. It was a good experience in regards to the dealership itself. My salesman, Carmine Migliore, was a good guy to deal with also. I dont think he is with the dealership anymore though.

I would recommend World Subaru to anybody looking to buy a Subaru.

Ha, well, maybe im a bit jaded after trying to buy another car from another NJ dealership.. working with World was 100% better than Pine Belt in Lakewood!

Even though they are the same people selling 2 different types of cars (jeeps n subarus), they probably have to be more strict on one vs. the other to get the max money back from Jeep for selling a truck. Seems on the whole, its much easier to buy a subaru (working deals) than any other car I have bought.

Do you guys know if World Subaru has a dedicated internet sales manager? I emailed them but a salesperson call me back instead, as she claims they don't have an internet person there........

I thought 'Marty' was their internet sales person? At least that is the person that my brother and I dealt with, when he bought his imprezza there. They were cool...even waited for us to arrive, since we were stuck on the SUCK State pkwy, on the way down from NY. Sheesh, they are half way to Atlantic City...that's how far they are.

Nice guys, and of course, for a sale, they would wait...but everything seemed good to me.

Later,

i.

Well, to follow-up my experience at World wasn't so pleasant. First off, the OBP that I was targeting was SOLD last fri, which significantly reduced my leverage immediately. As I went thru the negotiations process, the shop wasn't too pleased about my knowledge of holdback. dealer cash etc. and were adamant about not giving those up in order to sell a car, since they have no incentives to sell a car not in their possession anyways, which is true. Then they really lowballed me on my trade which basically ended all talks.

That sucks.

I walked in and said I wasnt paying a dime over 'invoice' price for the car and all accessories. They agreed and ordered the car for me. Very little hassle. I had a trade in also, but it was a 97 dodge neon POS that I bought for 200 bucks a year before and they gave me 500 for it.

I guess the harder you push them the harder they push back. Who did you deal with there?

I bought at World two months ago. Marty was the guy. I have bought over 20 new cars in my life. He (Marty) is the most product knowledgeable salesman I have ever done business with. I know all of the dealer games and he didn't try to pull them (others there did the usual attempts). I think if you cut him, he will bleed Garnet Red.

That being said, I am not impressed with after sales at all. I am still waiting for parts to come in on the "we owe".

I'm actually dealing with World Subaru and Grand Prix in Long Island. I plan on going to World first cuz I hear good things and they're being very friendly via email.
If you can, try to get a hold of Marty. He did me a solid on my buy, and probably will on yours. I bought a month or two ago. A Garnet red 05 leftover LGT ltd 5EAT. Right off the floor. Traded in my G35 for it.

That being said, I am not impressed with after sales at all. I am still waiting for parts to come in on the "we owe".

Thats funny cuz they did the same thing to me.. Told me it was Subarus fault that a part wasnt in stock and they didnt want to delay the car. Not sure about that but they handled everything ok anyway.

I think the Benny border is the Raritan bridge

Being from the shore I would argue that you would need to be from monmouth/ocean counties or points south at least not to be classified as a benny. If you moved from northern points to monmouth/ ocean counties or points south it takes a full 7 years of living here (with residency declared no property owners that declare residence up north) not to be classified as a benny. This really should be an entirely new thread though...but there are many many ppl who don't understand the rules of the shore.....

I live in the Brick/Point Pleasant area.. BENNY Central Baby... If I lived closer to Seaside.. id be in even more trouble.

Seaside...you mean sleaside..what a dump that place is...and right on the mark with benny central....did you catch that MTV real life show a couple of years ago down in seaside...that dude was the poster child for an arrogant benny...im from the belmar/wall area....

Archived