LegacyGT.com

Rallycross and vdc/abs

I've tried searching a bunch but I can't seem to find what I remember reading forever ago. Next weekend I'll be taking the outback to rallycross and figured I should turn the vdc off.

For those who race, do you just use the button? Pull the vdc/abs fuse. I swear I read that pulling that fuse disables the proportioning valve?

08 OBXT 5mt btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't turn off VDC/ABS without pulling the fuse. The button only turns off traction control, which is certainly useful (enough to not bother me with my poor autoX skills :lol:), but you'll still trigger VDC if you slide the car enough.

This thread might have more info for you: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/disable-abs-rallyx-131757.html

There's no proportioning valve AFAIK on our cars. That function is handled by the ABS module (electronic brake distribution, EBD).

Thank you! That's the thread I was thinking of and I was thinking of ebd not proportioning valves.

I'm already in mod all so I don't mind pulling fuses and stuff. I'll use the method in that thread for the actual race.

For autocross I probably wouldn't really care. But as I'll be using all seasons on a dry lake bed, I expect plenty of wheel slip. Not only am I not that great, I'm also used to driving a very different vehicle.