LegacyGT.com

Fabsx 2010 LGT Build thread

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you subbertha2010 on IG? If so, the pull on the dyno I saw law night was pretty cool. If not, it was still pretty cool. :lol:

You got it sir, that’s the last pull he did to verify the numbers. Buddy was with me to make a small video.. not sure to when it’ll be finished though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabsx, I didn't see any mention of a built motor in your first post. You still running 100% stock motor?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

100% stock motor and trans!

e2ab6be8167a884a65a4a1c4b96e7fa3.jpg

Any other pics of dump tube? Looks tight in there near the downpipe.

Is it not touching the header and/or downpipe? Maybe it's just the angle of the pic or was this prior to final adjustment?

Edited by ebo03

e2ab6be8167a884a65a4a1c4b96e7fa3.jpg

Any other pics of dump tube? Looks tight in there near the downpipe.

Is it not touching the header and/or downpipe? Maybe it's just the angle of the pic or was this prior to final adjustment?

Prior adjustments after the photo. It’s actually the lowest point of the whole car.

Does not come near the downpipe.

Actually that I remember now, the downpipe wasn’t secured 100%, was resting on the jackstand. The downpipe moved up another 1/2-3/4”(twisted up).

Once I figured out if I wanna stay with the plastic tray, I’ll get ground clearance photos. But, I’m leaning towards a aluminum covering.

Anybody have any metal skid plates that they recommend?

My Primitive Racing skidplate looks pretty nice sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed!

For the record, there are other users on here who have actually installed theirs and have high opinions of them, so that's where I'd start looking.

Those are some very impressive gains for a stock 5th Gen motor with bolt ons.

IQ performance is a Russian company. I see they make a version that looks like it fits the stock turbo. Is this going to be a normally stock item? or your version a custom one off?

Those are some very impressive gains for a stock 5th Gen motor with bolt ons.

IQ performance is a Russian company. I see they make a version that looks like it fits the stock turbo. Is this going to be a normally stock item? or your version a custom one off?

Yeah they make the stock flange headers as well.

As far as stock item, I don’t know if they build to order, but they built my headers in three-four days after receiving everything needed.

Cool thing about everything is that they basically 3D our under belly/motor mount/ oil pan and can see what fits or not.

Have a small sample he sent me of the bracket for the Downpipe.

Otherwise, IQ Performance did an amazing job and by far amazed to this day on how the GT is performing. I’m waiting to get my dyno graphs emailed to me.. but you guys wont believe the amount of power it picked up and how much the power-band shifted. Tuner and I on the first hit on 93 was dumbfounded on what it did off gate.

8fadc88a9cafe02918874d786c80674b.jpg

Prior adjustments after the photo. It’s actually the lowest point of the whole car.

Does not come near the downpipe.

Actually that I remember now, the downpipe wasn’t secured 100%, was resting on the jackstand. The downpipe moved up another 1/2-3/4”(twisted up).

Once I figured out if I wanna stay with the plastic tray, I’ll get ground clearance photos. But, I’m leaning towards a aluminum covering.

Anybody have any metal skid plates that they recommend?

I have the Primitive plate. Fitment is spot on. Go ahead and order one. Been running one since I switched to EWGs over 5 years ago.

So there are no clearance issues with the entire setup and the OEM plastic undertray?

100% stock motor and trans!

You're a brave soldier. Bets on which one goes first - motor or trans?

How do you feel about E85 and stock head studs?

You're a brave soldier. Bets on which one goes first - motor or trans?

How do you feel about E85 and stock head studs?

Honestly I’m just taking it as it goes. Dont beat on it 100% and now I dont have to bang gears just to keep up if I do ever want to go quick lol.

E85 will be my choice of fuel while at this level, feel like it’ll save me some time. But then again, I am vigorously changing oil more frequently and plugs every year.

Starting to look into building a long block anyways. So I’ll be ready.

If the trans go, true sti 6speed will be in with plates to adapt the motor mounts and so fourth.

Who said stock cams couldn’t make power [emoji23]

I have the Primitive plate. Fitment is spot on. Go ahead and order one. Been running one since I switched to EWGs over 5 years ago.

So there are no clearance issues with the entire setup and the OEM plastic undertray?

Haven’t been under to test stock undertray yet.

But my guesses will be closer then expected. Already scraped the ewg tube on a small bump.

Haven’t been under to test stock undertray yet.

But my guesses will be closer then expected. Already scraped the ewg tube on a small bump.

Unknown clearance with the undertray is the only reason why I haven't purchased the header yet. Please post pics so I can cross that off and get my order in.

In the meantime I did get a screaming deal on a 7163. So I guess I've already somewhat committed here.

Unknown clearance with the undertray is the only reason why I haven't purchased the header yet. Please post pics so I can cross that off and get my order in.

In the meantime I did get a screaming deal on a 7163. So I guess I've already somewhat committed here.

Will do sir!

I believe between the 6258/6758/7163 efr turbos, they will all work with the headers.

My tuner said with the 6758, it was the best fit for the engine displacement. I forgot what he said about the 7163, but I’ll ask him this week when i go back to him.

Just get the 90 degree compressor housing to make your life easier.. trust me, i tried the normal housing and it was much more complicated. Luckily the company I purchased the turbo from gave me a killer deal on the 90.

Will do sir!

I believe between the 6258/6758/7163 efr turbos, they will all work with the headers.

My tuner said with the 6758, it was the best fit for the engine displacement. I forgot what he said about the 7163, but I’ll ask him this week when i go back to him.

Just get the 90 degree compressor housing to make your life easier.. trust me, i tried the normal housing and it was much more complicated. Luckily the company I purchased the turbo from gave me a killer deal on the 90.

Yes, IQ says it will work with all those B1 frame non wastegate turbos.

The 7163 I found was used by a shop owner in TX with less than 1k miles. He ran it on his R32 GTR temporarily before going bigger. Side note - the guy does a lot of Subaru builds including machine work and engine assembly. I had never heard of his shop but they run a time attack car and he's very knowledgeable. P2P Racing is the name of his business.

$775 so I couldn't pass on it. 90° compressor from Full Race was about $250. I also got a v-band downpipe flange and Turbosmart BOV block off. Are you using the integrated BOV on the turbo?

Are you running the turbo speed sensor? Seems like overkill to me but mine came with it. I think I'll pass on it and leave the 90° housing undrilled.

Yes, IQ says it will work with all those B1 frame non wastegate turbos.

The 7163 I found was used by a shop owner in TX with less than 1k miles. He ran it on his R32 GTR temporarily before going bigger. Side note - the guy does a lot of Subaru builds including machine work and engine assembly. I had never heard of his shop but they run a time attack car and he's very knowledgeable. P2P Racing is the name of his business.

$775 so I couldn't pass on it. 90° compressor from Full Race was about $250. I also got a v-band downpipe flange and Turbosmart BOV block off. Are you using the integrated BOV on the turbo?

Are you running the turbo speed sensor? Seems like overkill to me but mine came with it. I think I'll pass on it and leave the 90° housing undrilled.

Using the stock bpv on the turbo. I wanted to get rid of all the stupid hoses I had and was able to have my buddy weld up sections of my fmic kit.

No turbo speed sensor.. don’t find the use for it since I’m not crazy hp.

Stock aftermarket downpipe fit perfectly, chop the flange at the weld, slap the v band on it and extend the tail end 2”. Everything fit perfectly, you’ll have the clock the turbo around and angle it just right for the nipple on the bpv to clear the oil filter.

If anybody was wondering.. the stock oil hard line is a M12x1.0. I grabbed an brake adapter to fit the -4an line for the turbo

Pretty good spool, however both graphs are the same ;)

Funny! Literally made me double check.

The top graph should be an overlay of the 20g e85 and 6758 e85.

Bottom should be 6758 pump and e85 graphs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fabsx how is the build holding up? Now that my daily driver is back together I'm start to eye the IQ headers.

Do you have any pics of bottom clearance between splash guard and headers/turbo?