LegacyGT.com

Official dual HVAC Double Din (JDM) Kit thread V2

dwolson2

• 3 weeks later...
Casual bump.

Has anybody figured out a way to keep the side trim pieces from not popping out? Mine do from time to time.

Thanks in advance!

I’ve heard that happens to some people when they install the side trim back. I had a little issue with mine at first, it was incredibly hard to snap back into place but with some pressure and dilly dallying I got it to snap into place. Are you having the same kind of trouble?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve heard that happens to some people when they install the side trim back. I had a little issue with mine at first, it was incredibly hard to snap back into place but with some pressure and dilly dallying I got it to snap into place. Are you having the same kind of trouble?

Hi there. I have no problem getting it back into place but after a while, it seems like the top corner just casually pops out.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there. I have no problem getting it back into place but after a while, it seems like the top corner just casually pops out.

Then I would assume it’s not as secure as you think it may be. Even with the tight fit mine has it’s never popped loose or anything. You sure it’s fully secured?

• 2 weeks later...
Then I would assume it’s not as secure as you think it may be. Even with the tight fit mine has it’s never popped loose or anything. You sure it’s fully secured?

This is a left hand drive vs right hand drive issue with the conversion at my understanding is that its just barely but symmetrical as it is designed with a slight angle biased towards the driver. People have mentioned this much earlier in this same thread I believe. There is a $60 double din trim piece on eBay that ships from Russia that might fix your problem.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

He's a slow responder. I don't think he does anything through pm anymore.

I don't think he's had a subaru for years at this point but he's still pretty consistent. How long has it been since you contacted him?

Has anyone heard from SVXDC? I have sent him a few emails and a PM but I haven't gotten any response from him.

Just curious if anyone has gotten a harness from him within the last couple of weeks.

Yes he still does the harnesses, I just installed everything around July or August of this year. You can see a prior post of mine not too far up from here. He’s been having a lot of family issues, just follow up with another email. Sometimes he gets emails in his spam folder. It took me a bit but he finally responded. Be patient the guy is still a wanted man. David will eventually get to you. Keep in mind he does this as a side gig, it isn’t full time. If you are super impatient I know another site. The colors may be just a little different but they’re virtually the same.

Brian also has a guide or will guide you as well

https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/AHH-JDM.html

I prefer David though, but that’s only because he started the whole idea

http://ae64.com/aftermarket-HU-install-parts-LO2005AN.htm

Make sure you email him directly, he’s not on the forums much anymore!

Hope this helps!

Chris

Yeah I know was more hoping some else had spoken to him recently. But I'll be a little more patient with him.

Thanks Chris yeah I emailed him waited a week and emailed him again, waited a few more days and emailed him from my work email in the off chance the two previous ones from my personal where blocked/ sent to his spam folder. I kind of want to support him as I have sent a few guys his way to get the harness and we should support the small local guys to this community.

I'll give him a few more weeks hopefully he is doing ok and is just busy.

Thanks again guys.

I emailed him at the beginning of October and have yet to get a reply... Just to throw my two cents on the pile.

I emailed him at the beginning of October and have yet to get a reply... Just to throw my two cents on the pile.

Like I said man, he’s got family issues and then I think with the virus it’s worse. As much as I hate to tell you, it’s not really the greatest of times to be doing this. I got lucky, he didn’t reply right away I think it was at least a month maybe a tiny bit more before he responded to my second email. He does this on the side, so it’s not like he’s always aware like he used to be. That’s why I also posted Brian at Auto Harnesses if you’re feeling impatient. I believe you can also email him directly

Yeah I know was more hoping some else had spoken to him recently. But I'll be a little more patient with him.

Thanks Chris yeah I emailed him waited a week and emailed him again, waited a few more days and emailed him from my work email in the off chance the two previous ones from my personal where blocked/ sent to his spam folder. I kind of want to support him as I have sent a few guys his way to get the harness and we should support the small local guys to this community.

I'll give him a few more weeks hopefully he is doing ok and is just busy.

Thanks again guys.

Without question man. I can guarantee you it’s the family health issues and. Sadly it’s a side gig for him so I can only imagine he doesn’t always check.

Don’t worry, he’s definitely still in operation [emoji18]

Like I said man, he’s got family issues and then I think with the virus it’s worse. As much as I hate to tell you, it’s not really the greatest of times to be doing this. I got lucky, he didn’t reply right away I think it was at least a month maybe a tiny bit more before he responded to my second email. He does this on the side, so it’s not like he’s always aware like he used to be. That’s why I also posted Brian at Auto Harnesses if you’re feeling impatient. I believe you can also email him directly

I did not see that, much appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know the type of signal or mA that comes through from each one the typical 08-09 MY connectors on the back? I'm assuming this is an entirely analog I/O system.

I may dig further into the FSM line diagrams if it's there but I am looking into the possibility of swapping a newer gen climate control unit, possibly from the 18/19 legacy into my current USDM 08 GT with dual zone controls.

I could probably start my comparing wiring diagrams from both generations of it's actually listed. My thoughts are creating an add-on (middle-man) signal converter board of sorts. Apologies if this needs to be it's own thread I just figured people in this thread have the answers and it's an alternative to the $250+ price point on the jdm kit and the fitment issues/reverse knobs compromises.

Obviously this would take some upfront R&D and other costs but I'm looking the the quality/function of the end product and possibly recouping costs by making a bunch of these and selling them back to yall if I can figure it out.

Thanks39764f6af42a87f40ebf265a06ca4271.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have not heard of any such conversion/kit to adapt a 18/19 control.

The first obvious question is it even mechanically fitting in a gen3 Legacy?

Right, I am thinking if it doesn't fit near the standard bottom placement maybe the upper portion where the CD player would be on the oem radio. I am looking at custom 3D printed trim and fabbing some custom bracket mounts inside that. Also, maybe a clock relocate version so the car lighter relocate wouldn't have to be used. I started looking at both wiring diagrams so next step may be to just see what wiring scheme would have to be done to get it to work.

Currently referring to 2008 manual, pages WI-27, WI-144, WI-145, WI-183, show the i88 Auto A/C Control Panel wiring. With pins 1, 5, 3, 7 diagrammed for outputs and (1) ground from the 8 pin connector and pins 2, 4, 6, 8 as outputs to the TV Monitor A (i119) or B (i120) under the Nav system page WI-183. Sounds like if you don't have Nav those inputs just come directly from somewhere else, via the radio maybe.

Very similar wiring diagrams as far as the A/C Control Panel is i88 in the 2019 manual. Page WI-103 shows the first of it for the Auto A/C in that manual, it has 16 pin connector for i88. More research to come.

• 2 months later...
New here, just wondering if anyone has had luck getting in contact with 96svx? I emailed him 3 times the first being 6 weeks ago with no response yet. Wanted to give him my business but might have to buy from the other source previously mentioned. Can’t take driving around with no music anymore :/

New here, just wondering if anyone has had luck getting in contact with 96svx? I emailed him 3 times the first being 6 weeks ago with no response yet. Wanted to give him my business but might have to buy from the other source previously mentioned. Can’t take driving around with no music anymore :/

I also emailed him a couple times within the last 9 months. No replies from him.

Reach out to k00laid83 on here. He has stepped up in filling the void for the lack of i88s being made. His products are of great quality too!

Here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/thinking-making-i88-adapters-284985.html

MILKRUN  - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
I also emailed him a couple times within the last 9 months. No replies from him.

Reach out to k00laid83 on here. He has stepped up in filling the void for the lack of i88s being made. His products are of great quality too!

Here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/thinking-making-i88-adapters-284985.html

Huge shout out to Raul(TightFitFab) aka k00laid83. Terrific guy, informative, patient with questions, responsive and excellent customer service. Highly recommend as your go to for the I88 plus.

20210308_212308.thumb.jpg.9210d49e5066c306b9fea8cc4b6af6e8.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased a jdm hvac unit and adapter harness, and got this installed tonight but it only partially works. I have no temperature display, turning the temp knob doesn’t seem to do anything, but pressing it does turn it on, fresh/recirc display works, fan up/down works, defrost button works, off button works, mode button works, not sure if ac button works as there’s no display for that, any ideas?

Edit: mode button changes the modes, but always displays “face” mode. Temperature knob works, but doesn’t display anything, ac button works, but doesn’t display anything,

Edited by tenchu

I just purchased a jdm hvac unit and adapter harness, and got this installed tonight but it only partially works. I have no temperature display, turning the temp knob doesn’t seem to do anything, but pressing it does turn it on, fresh/recirc display works, fan up/down works, defrost button works, off button works, mode button works, not sure if ac button works as there’s no display for that, any ideas?

Edit: mode button changes the modes, but always displays “face” mode. Temperature knob works, but doesn’t display anything, ac button works, but doesn’t display anything,

PM responded. That's a first...I haven't heard of anyone run into this issue. We can always video chat and see what the problem is. Honestly, it sounds like an exact issue I had with my car. Since my car has been sitting it would do exactly what you're describing because my car battery was drained. Whatever the issue is I'll do what I can to help you figure it out. Almost forgot to mention you can also reach me on my instagram @tightfitfab

Edited by k00laid83
Fixed typo

So upon further investigation, looks like the unit that was listed on eBay as a dual zone was actually a single. Looks like I have the exact issues others on these boards have had in this same situation. Ordered the correct one from AVO and attempting to get this one returned.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have experience with kit G3017AG010 / FH204SOP? It appears to be a Facelift Single Zone Model.

Will it work with USDM single zone models?

bc9214577956b3d92972f45b3e1a087b.jpg

13e3a438b9b83ff6b3e2887c96ed73a4.jpg

Edited by busyychild