LegacyGT.com

PCV valve

Greetings Nolanhurley01,

I replaced mine @ ~80k (I'm at over 130k now).

Note that there were still several threads showing after correct install torque applied to my installation.

It is not reference in the Periodic Maintenance Schedule.

Removed unit showed no clogging and was operating normally.

Biggest issue I ran into was confirming alternate thread seal material for "Three Bond 1324" (004403042). Settled on Loctite 243.

I threw together a quick pdf of info that should get you through.

PCV Valve.pdf

The PCV valve is just a ventilation item and no real pressure so as long as it's tightly mounted enough so it doesn't leak then it's good. What you seal with - anything that is oil resistant and don't make problems for the next time it's time to remove it.
453747.png

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at replacing this - my 2015 has 80k miles and mpg's seem to be drifting down lately, and idle is slightly bumpy at times.

I looked at my PCV and it seems to be rusty/corroded a little where it goes into the block. Does that mean it's bad / should be changed?

The outside won't tell you how it looks on the inside, but for peace of mind you can replace it and at that distance it's probably ripe for it anyway.

Other issues to look at:

• Air filter
  • Clean MAF
  • Engine Oil change 5W40 or 0W40 is what I'd go for in the engine.
  • Oil filter
  • Might be time for the differentials and gearbox to get new oil too at that distance.
  • Change Spark plugs
  • Clean ignition coils. If they are dirty you can get spark to jump the wrong way occasionally.
  • Run a tank with an injection cleaner. Might not help, it could be the injectors themselves that need a dedicated professional cleaning.
  • Inspect all wheel bearings and service all calipers - the guiding pins have a tendency to need cleaning frequently on these cars, but are often overlooked.
  • Brake fluid flush.

If it still behaves bad after that, then it's time to do a data log session to see if you have a problem brewing.

453747.png

It looks like you guys should have the pcv valve as me. Not a bad idea to replace it, they're not expensive. With that said, you may be able to clean it out and make it good as new with something like brake cleaner. As long as it rattles when you shake it, I think it should still be perfectly fine.

Archived