LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

I'll say the same thing I say every other time someone says they're looking to install the steering damper lockdown- slather some grease on the prongs first, it'll make your life way easier.

I used some spray lube. Got the install done but F*CK was that a pain in the ass to tighten all the way down. Thought I had the right size allen socket and extension, turned out I did not. Had to use my own (thankfully longer and stronger) allen key and pliers to turn it. Edited by Humble Rumble

Well worth it, though, there's a definite change in road feel through the steering wheel.

I thought I had the right size hex bits, too, turns out I didn't. Tried to make one, since I had a 5mm nut driver bit, but the donor allen key I cut up was too soft and rounded off.

attachment.php?attachmentid=232217&d=1466286727

I'm really glad that both the longer bolt Perrin provided and the allen key I used survived my absolutely ridiculous wrenching on them. I have never in my life put so much force into tightening an item on my car, and have things round/strip/break before with way less force than I was using then.

Picked up the remaining parts for my brembo install. Today I picked up my rotors and pads, and the proper threaded bolts.

If I can get the rear rotors drilled for 5x100 tomorrow I'll start the install on the weekend.

I also grabbed a heat shield as the one behind my splash shield was rusted away, literally half is missing from corrosion.

Someone also mentioned Superwrap in another thread. After a couple YouTube reviews I decided to try it out, delivery came today as well.

Looks like I'll have an annoyed wife in the coming weeks.....if you need me, I'll be in the garage ....again.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Someone also mentioned Superwrap in another thread. After a couple YouTube reviews I decided to try it out, delivery came today as well.

That was probably me. I am curious how it compares to Plastidip. From what I've seen, it is a better product.

That was probably me. I am curious how it compares to Plastidip. From what I've seen, it is a better product.
I tried plastidip on my grill and I've inspected it up close on some friends cars, not really a fan.

I'll be taking my wheels off this weekend while my car gets painted. I'll post some results from the superwrap sometime next week. If I don't like it, I'll peel it and try powder coating.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

ruh roh

yeah, I know, damn bearings, good things coming soon though. Picked up a very lightly used no rust vf54 from a 15+ WRX buy sell trade facebook page of all places. I have an exhaust housing without a crack now. I can either go OEM or BNR TD05 upgrade. Still deciding and talking to my tuner.

yeah, I know, damn bearings, good things coming soon though. Picked up a very lightly used no rust vf54 from a 15+ WRX buy sell trade facebook page of all places. I have an exhaust housing without a crack now. I can either go OEM or BNR TD05 upgrade. Still deciding and talking to my tuner.

Why not order the correct shortblock for the LGT?

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a really cool piece that I've been eyeing for a really long time and I'm super excited about it. This is a rear trunk spoiler from Wangan SPL (my favorite tuner company) meant for a 3rd gen Legacy BE5 sedan. This is everything that I want from a spoiler from my car: it's raised but not too high, aggressive but subtle, not as bodacious as an STI wing, unique as I'll be the first 5th gen with this spoiler, and hits that 00s tuner vibes that I crave just perfectly. Based on the age of 3rd gen Legacys, the spoiler itself is at least 15 years old and long discontinued, and since 3rd gen and 5th gen trunks have the same width, will fit no problem at all. This isn't a perfect test fit because I haven't removed the factory lip yet (which I added last year and isn't drilled, just held on with VHB tape), but it's good enough to get an idea how it will look mounted up. I am planning on pairing this spoiler with the SYMS carbon trunk lip since that basically mounts on the back surface of the trunk to sort of mimic the trunk spoiler set up of the Mine's R34. This spoiler will also be a lot easier/cheaper to paint and easier to mount than the Blitzen would've been as well, so I can get it on much sooner. And for anyone wondering where the hell the Blitzen is: I've decided I don't want to run it. All the time. So (lmao) I'm actively seeking out another ISM spoiler-less trunk to get the Blitzen mounted up to and swap in and out as I please. I know, I'm beyond dumb. :lol: But I do want to complete my 5th gen Blitzen dream as well.

tc1k5zC.png

tO1BhoH.jpg

zedVExW.png

qamejjt.png

NlG4h0E.jpg

G0j2PJQ.jpg

uziRbDh.png

yBmOwCP.png

j52U1wk.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

ooh that's gonna look cool humble.

speaking of rear spoilers though, anyone messed with the spoiler for or have measurements for the trunk for the current gen impreza? i quite like that spoiler, and think it might look pretty decent on a legacy.

link for reference

https://www.carid.com/pure/2017-subaru-impreza-spoiler/pure-rear-spoiler-1302110541.html?relationshipId=3325870923&childId=1302110543&offermpnid=4476140650&view=278545&gclid=CjwKCAjwmMX4BRAAEiwA-zM4Jvu-BTIu32KHX9z1HQ-57AzvWPmMc37Hspm7T_srYVULyjgBUA64vRoCf3oQAvD_BwE

yeah, just from seeing em around that's my guess, and that it's more curved so getting the "feet" to line up would be an issue, and i'm not willing/able to gamble $300 on testing one out.