LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

FWIW I run a can of isopropyl water absorbing stuff on all cars at least once a quarter, once a month in rainy seasons (fall and spring).

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Changed the oil on 3 of the 4 cars. Also installed an IAG Pitch Stop (street series), Cusco steering rack brace, lower control arm brace and the Perrin steering lock down. Pretty amazed at how much heavier and less play is in the steering wheel now. I expected a difference but not that much.

Not today but over the weekend assembled the rear hatch on my wagon. I had applied sound proofing to it before and fixed sticking opening handle, so it was time to put it all together. Had the striker got loose (weird, never seen that), and I had new part on hands. Replaced the striker plate and also applied sound proofing to spare wheel well and other surfaces there.

Took the car for a test drive and whoa. No more rattling from the rear hatch door and road noise from rear wheels.

I don't remember it being that quiet even when it was new. Happy with the results.

Picked up my car from alignment hell yesterday and it doesn't come with any good news. Unfortunately I'll be cutting out the rear toe bolts and replacing a few more suspension parts.

I've never been one to name my vehicles but this one was dubbed Glass Car long ago

:mad:

Picked up my car from alignment hell yesterday and it doesn't come with any good news. Unfortunately I'll be cutting out the rear toe bolts and replacing a few more suspension parts.

I've never been one to name my vehicles but this one was dubbed Glass Car long ago

Don’t feel special. Cutting those bolts out is pretty much status quo these days.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

As much as I like to do the work on my car myself, the rear suspension swap to JDM aluminum take-offs I have will be delegated to someone else.

Not today but over the weekend assembled the rear hatch on my wagon. I had applied sound proofing to it before and fixed sticking opening handle, so it was time to put it all together. Had the striker got loose (weird, never seen that), and I had new part on hands. Replaced the striker plate and also applied sound proofing to spare wheel well and other surfaces there.

Took the car for a test drive and whoa. No more rattling from the rear hatch door and road noise from rear wheels.

I don't remember it being that quiet even when it was new. Happy with the results.

I need to do this same thing. My handle is sticky and unlocking is getting less and less reliable. Also, it seems the reception on the FM is getting weak.

Don’t feel special. Cutting those bolts out is pretty much status quo these days.

I hear you. Thing is, I despise cutting them out so much that I've gotten rid of other vehicles because of that issue. This car, for some reason, gets the pass. Perhaps it's because a part out is more painful than an afternoon with a sawsall...? :shrug:

Little something came in the mail today.

[ATTACH]285075[/ATTACH]

Oh boy. JMP is back in business?

I need to do this same thing. My handle is sticky and unlocking is getting less and less reliable. Also, it seems the reception on the FM is getting weak.

FM reception is likely the harness on the left side... I recall replacing mine couple of years back. Just after the one of the right hand side.

Take time taking the plastic garnish nuts off... I rushed to turn them without knowing how it is all designed and broke the mounting locations for the flat head bolts... Had to improvise with epoxy to restore the mounting hardware. I probably owe this forum a HOW-TO on this...

So it looks like my best friend who I live with, has agreed to buy a 2007 spec B. There will now be 2 DGM spec b's in my driveway. On saturday when it's brought home, there will be 4 spec B's here!

I also just found another white 09 spec b... the guy may sell this fall. Goddammit. Stupid addiction

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Got one head installed today after swinging by Wal-Mart and picking up some more brake cleaner and some scotch-brite pads. Put the camshafts in as well as the cage, but after torquing everything, the intake camshaft wasn't turning as smoothly as the exhaust, felt like it was binding a little bit. Removed the cages and cleaned all the RTV off, will try again in another day or two once I have some time. Was hoping to get both heads installed and sealed today, but alas, not enough time or light.

http://i.imgur.com/LR7s3osl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g2ly7eFl.jpg

Finished the conversion harnesses for my facelift JDM headlamps. Opened them up and flipped the shields. Buffed and polished the lenses. Now just need to get them on the car.afa41cddef9e56b1113db21ebd6558de.jpg Edited by DadBod
shiny

Got one head installed today after swinging by Wal-Mart and picking up some more brake cleaner and some scotch-brite pads. Put the camshafts in as well as the cage, but after torquing everything, the intake camshaft wasn't turning as smoothly as the exhaust, felt like it was binding a little bit. Removed the cages and cleaned all the RTV off, will try again in another day or two once I have some time. Was hoping to get both heads installed and sealed today, but alas, not enough time or light.

http://i.imgur.com/LR7s3osl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/g2ly7eFl.jpg

scotch brite isn't for head work. you want the surfaces super smooth/flat, hence machine shop is usually best

scotch brite isn't for head work. you want the surfaces super smooth/flat, hence machine shop is usually best

Scotch-brite pads were just for a light touch-up to remove old gasket material, of which there was pretty much none. This was also on recommendation from the shop when I asked how I should prep the heads before assembly. The heads were fully rebuilt and decked last year and probably have a little over 100 miles on them.

So it looks like my best friend who I live with, has agreed to buy a 2007 spec B. There will now be 2 DGM spec b's in my driveway. On saturday when it's brought home, there will be 4 spec B's here!

I also just found another white 09 spec b... the guy may sell this fall. Goddammit. Stupid addiction

White 09 B is super rare. I think it was 19 manufactured in white. There have only been a few on the forum, a few confirmed wrecked, and the rest unaccounted for.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

That's pretty...:)

You can say that again. I want to make a temporary wall piece in my office with this and the killer b coated headers until everything goes one. Sort of a play on yin and yang. :lol:

Oh boy. JMP is back in business?

As far as I know he is, just super busy since his work makes parts for respirators. He's actually had the turbo since last August but there was an issue with the center housing and it took some time to find a machinist to get what he needed. I was never in a rush since my turbo is running fine but I'm beyond grateful to him for sticking with it.

It's going to be tough waiting to get this and everything else on. Circuit Demon headlights, the JDM post-facelift, and potentially the 6 spd swap are happening before this and I may have finally convinced my wife to get a newer car. She's been getting baby-crazy and I told her it's easier to get a more baby friendly car now and paid off than after one comes.

Ha true, I don't think I'll ever buy a brand new car. I've got an in depth look at loan and depreciation schedules for our clients that we maintain their books for and between the interest and depreciation it never makes sense from a personal finance standpoint. Hell, some of our clients do it wrong to where it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint but that's what they want to do.

We're looking at a '14 TSX Wagon this weekend. I'm hoping we can add another wagon to the stable.

Ha true, I don't think I'll ever buy a brand new car. I've got an in depth look at loan and depreciation schedules for our clients that we maintain their books for and between the interest and depreciation it never makes sense from a personal finance standpoint. Hell, some of our clients do it wrong to where it doesn't even make sense from a business standpoint but that's what they want to do.

We're looking at a '14 TSX Wagon this weekend. I'm hoping we can add another wagon to the stable.

lol Yeah cause it makes since to pay cash for them. The best way. I have done this for all my cars, including my build that is done. Loans make no since, bank still owns it.

Never understood people flexin there stuff when the bank owns it. When you have the title it is your free and clear. Seen so many people loose their jobs in these days and times.

I changed out my MAF about two weeks ago, trying to chase down an apparent boost/vacuum leak. Been driving it and pulled LVs from btssm today.

RIs2OO.png

I suppose it was the MAF, after all. As a reminder, I had it changed about four years ago.

LV is looking way better, but I'm getting a lot of timing changes in the load table. Is this normal? IAM is still down at 0.688.