LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

What I did today, I hit a squirrel just after getting on the highway leaving work.

I took out a groundhog last week on a highway onramp. Even if I'd had time to react there was nowhere else to go. I was hoping it would pause mid-way and keep its head down, but alas it was not to be.

My oil filter access panel is a replacement that I made using a sheet of ABS plastic and small layers of coroplast so it fits smoothly with the depressions in the undertray. It has four different types of pop-its holding it on. It ain't pretty but it's still easier & faster to deal with than dropping the whole undertray.

So two tuners have now told me they don't like to install OEM serviced injectors, such as DW or the WitchHunter ones I got.. Injector Dynamics or new OEM recommendations only.

I was trying to shop out the work, but not trying to double down on another set of injectors and then pay for the work. Damn misfire.

Interesting. So they agree that OEM injectors aren't worth tuning once they get old (serviced or not)? Interesting because I've been chasing a misfire that seems to be getting worse, and I HAVE changed injectors, but I changed them with serviced OEM. I've also changed pretty much everything else related to fuel/air/spark. I guess I'll have to add new OEM injectors to my list.

Two shops with good results said Injector Dynamics specifically, and it wasn't clear, but I guess it's OEM if you're not trying to tune the injectors.

They don't want to suggest it's the injector(s) anyway, but everything's been done except them for me I think. Didn't check the plug when I was in there the other day, but it's only got like 12k miles.

Hey I just got new wheels and tires today and already thought I should’ve done more research. Can you guys give me some wheel and tire setups for an 05 lgt?e117d6cbcada86ae7dd3114e75b8ebe5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38d3e5de1f41ec7b6a8acd6f79718786.jpg

They look nasty tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im guessing from your post count you didn't check the tire section?

what tires snd wheels did you buy?

Tires section will have anything and everything that has been tried on these cars.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Finished up wiring the STi gauge pack. Turned out the Defi wires I ordered did not fit correctly so I chose to heat shrink the new wires to the old connectors (no solder). Thankfully it was not garbage day so they were still retrievable in the trash.

Second, I usually like permanent fixes so it didn't occur to me I could try patching my gas tank's leak, but it made sense as a stopgap fix. The tank was empty enough that it wasn't leaking anymore. I sanded the areas down with 300 grit, used degreaser towels, then isopropyl, then JB Water Weld. It was tough to get the weld to come off my hands and onto the tank, I'd recommend giving it a few minutes to harden before applying. I'll check at my next fill up to see whether it holds.

My dead Odyssey battery seems to have revived. When I disconnected my trickle charger it read 13v. Four hours later it's reading 12.84v. That is the voltage Odyssey says indicates a healthy battery after sitting open circuit for 24 hours. Will check again tomorrow.

gaugesweep.gif.e7e13fcce0221683a6ea3c50e386ff4a.gif

tank.thumb.jpg.cd9dd31eeb9bbe10679157bff66f0eb4.jpg

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Covid time at home has been good for me getting to work on my car...

Here's the list: (I have a 2005 OBXT w/ ~163k miles, 18g, perrin TMIC, 5MT...)

1. New Fender Liners

2. Buffed out the headlights (Sparkly)

3. New Fuel Filter

4. New DW 300c Fuel Pump

5. Upgraded fuel pump wiring

6. Installed newer STI FPCM

7. Fog Lights Mod - Independent Operation

8. Installed front Koni Struts (not Legacy height, OB height... bought spacers and different hardware to make it fit right. it's SO nice!)

9. Map light mod - Turn on w/ doors open

10. Cleaned-up engine bay

11. Installed 09 OB alternator shroud

12. Installed Oil Temp & Pressure, & Boost Gauges

13. Oil filter and Oil Change

14. Installed Hella Horns

15. Fixed broken wiring in the hatch (9 wires broken!)

16. Fixed a boost leak

Still to do

1. Wiring up my LL Bean 05 Steering Wheel to work w/ my 08 LGT radio

2. Wiring gauges above.

3. PCV valve replacement

4. Install new DW 740cc injectors & get a tune

5. Install new cabin air filter

6. Install new HVAC electronic box (selector for where the air goes)

7. New seal in TMIC

I vacuumed out a pile of maple seeds from the engine compartment. I do this every year on both cars and it still amazes me that these seeds (that look like a single-blade helicopter rotors) manage to get into all the places they do and on both cars (the Miata as well). The offending tree is in the neighbour's yard to the west of me.

Trying to vacuum anything out from under the intake manifold is a royal pain and I used a screwdriver and a long clip-style parts retriever to shake stuff loose as the vacuum hose was too big to go everywhere it had to go. It's not like I leave the hood up for extended periods. There must be some extreme winds I can't account for as the radiator and undertray should keep everything out, but they don't.

Last night :All four wheel bearings finally done, plus coilovers adjusted 6-7mm lower. Both fronts had some noise, and one of the rears was really bad.

Today: drove to the dealer to get some break parts. Car is finally quiet, but....

UdGLRCb.jpg

FML. Is there any way to see which speed sensor isn't reporting properly?

Those codes didnt match, but the ones on this thread did.

C0106 - Rear Left

C0108 - Front Left

C0115 - Catch all code for SS issues

So how does one tell if it's the sensor, or the magnetic ring on the bearing causing the problem?

This could really be a number of things since we know the bearings were just installed. If the bearings are BCA it shouldn't be them. I have found that the sensors can pick up some dirt or antiseize upon reinstall which has thrown the abs code before.

Did you clean abs sensors? If so, with what?

Did you clean hub out of all residue?

Did you apply antiseize to the hub?

Did the sensors get smashed or fall or get hit?

Did you install before or after torquing the axle nut?

The easiest thing to do is remove each sensor, wipe down with a cloth, and then reinstall each sensor.

They are simple Hall sensors and can be tested with a magnet to check open/close. FSM has a procedure that calls for Subaru Select Monitor but a simple circuit tester should suffice if testing the sensor directly.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

805a6b5d8be3033f67e91c9c02d88355.jpg

Well THAT would do it on the rear. [emoji15]

a2976e7b0be91d912b881d7c47297f50.jpg

But I’m going to have to take apart both the fuel system and meth injection system just to get to the connector to check the front...

Also if any of you ever have to price out sensors: Bosch (who made our ABS system) sensors are about $25/each, at the dealer they are $55, and at a general auto parts store they are $150+

Edit: it’s all working now! Cleaning the front ryno6303 suggested fixed that one

Edited by utc_pyro

I want to slap some 225/50/18s on 06-07 spec.B wheels (18x7 +55) for comfort and cost reasons. This is almost a full 26" in diameter.

Does anyone know if this is going to work with a stock-ish suspension setup? (Bilstein HD w/ spec.B springs and also Monroe Quick Struts).

Also, considering Conti PureContact LS to do the job. Has anyone tried them?

EDIT: Actually, nevermind about the tire sizes, I just realized I am using 215/55/17 for winter tires and that's almost 26.5" in diameter. But if anyone likes the PureContact LSs, I'd be glad to hear your opinion!

Edited by JF1GG29