LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

So your comment got me thinking....another thing I noticed was cars in my rearview were ducking under my deck sooner than expected....it turns out, upon closer inspection the car is now raked. The fronts are lower than the rears. They sent me the wrong fronts mixed with the correct rears. My hunch is that this is also contributing to my slight ride quality issues. I have a ticket open with whiteline and will send an update once I get the right springs.
So quick update here...Whiteline says I do in fact have the right springs and that when they settle they'll level. To a very small degree it has leveled. It has definitely settled from a harshness and control perspective so I'm pretty happy about that. I've driven almost 600 miles including backroads, smooth highway and choppy roads both highway and not. If it never levels I still may keep them, but I would probably give them 3.5 stars....it corners much better and it's not obnoxiously low, but I've sacrificed some ride quality. If you love the way your car rides, don't buy these. If you can stand a little bounciness because you like tearing up backroads at pace...i recommend them.

Any type of Spring upgrade will leave you a bouncy ride..Old School Strut Spring Packages worked the Best when Bilstien and Prodrive teamed up and KYB AGX with the Eibach or other Aftermarket Springs worked well.. Our Newer Generation has lost the Love of Manufacturers to give us a Good Aftermarket Suspension Upgrade.. Really Sucks..[emoji3064][emoji3064]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bouncy = Oversprung...

I don't find the stock struts to be over-damped, so the stock springs seem to be engineering pretty well for the stock shocks.

Makes total sense! It's really only bad on bumps that span the entire lane (rather than a single wheel), and are of significant magnitude.

About a week and a half ago I noticed a tear in the leather of my driver's seat. Probably and inch and a half long, but didn't tear through the material under the surface. I still have no idea how as the only thing I ever keep in a back pocket is my wallet. The only thing I can think of is stress when pivoting my body to get in and out of the seat.

I found a leather repair kit on Amazon and applied it this past weekend. It took a fair amount of experimentation to get a good mix of colors to mostly match the seat, but the application was pretty easy. It just took a night to dry and it feels like it should hold up well. If you're not staring at it from a foot away, it blends in pretty well. Obviously I'm usually covering it up by sitting on it anyway. Attaching a couple of before and after pictures.

Has anyone else had rips or tears in their leather seats? I'm still really surprised this happened to mine. I got under 40k miles, never have anything sharp in my rear pockets, and am not a particularly large guy (about 180 pounds). I clean and condition the seats probably 3x a year or so.

DSC00030.thumb.jpg.4d8a98fd83f5da7025fd85b53b976a88.jpg

DSC00041.thumb.jpg.ddb2320670304db9d73f3b51e13222e7.jpg

About a week and a half ago I noticed a tear in the leather of my driver's seat. Probably and inch and a half long, but didn't tear through the material under the surface. I still have no idea how as the only thing I ever keep in a back pocket is my wallet. The only thing I can think of is stress when pivoting my body to get in and out of the seat.

I found a leather repair kit on Amazon and applied it this past weekend. It took a fair amount of experimentation to get a good mix of colors to mostly match the seat, but the application was pretty easy. It just took a night to dry and it feels like it should hold up well. If you're not staring at it from a foot away, it blends in pretty well. Obviously I'm usually covering it up by sitting on it anyway. Attaching a couple of before and after pictures.

Has anyone else had rips or tears in their leather seats? I'm still really surprised this happened to mine. I got under 40k miles, never have anything sharp in my rear pockets, and am not a particularly large guy (about 180 pounds). I clean and condition the seats probably 3x a year or so.

A girlfriend of mine, has a 2015 with 75,000mi and the light colored leather and she has a similar tear. She traded her 2008 Outback for it, in 2014, and she said those seats were fine on her old car. Quality isn’t the same, it’s apparent.

Unfortunately thats not real leather its the fake pleather.. Mine is cracked and peeling everywhere. I even use Leather Conditioner on my seats.. I dont understand why Subaru uses cheap material in certain areas.. I noticed the newer Legacy's have full Leather even in those areas.. Great Job on the Patch Work though..

Finally put the jdm grille on having been eyeing it off since i bough the lib (not sure why the pic is sideways)54823d89172f0243301b1c45bdff9028.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Can you share the link? Was the install difficult? I’ve been looking at it for some time too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my 3.6r Samco Sport Cooling Hoses and Intake Couplers.. I've been working with Samco Sport to make these Silicone Hoses for the 3.6r.. I believe the WRX Hoses will fit the 2.5 because the Radiator setup might be the same. So today I installed the Intake Couplers and Radiator Overflow Hose. I'm waiting to change the radiator and Heater hoses until I get my Koyo Aluminum Radiator. af377ca75aeddda0a251f6674de175cc.jpge6e1fdcc56c5bcf3f253c3d387583147.jpg1e1aeef5605026c87ab358c75daec876.jpgedfe10ab93580178abbe2b89def73360.jpg

Happy New Year everyone.. First thing I did for 2020 was wash my Baby it's been a Month over due but never knew when the rain was going to return.. Second was to install this little under the Hood Bling that actually has a purpose.. Nice Temp Gauge Rad Cap from Tawain.. If your interested make sure you get the right one. 3.6r Owners have a Little Head Design and the 2.5 Guys have the Big Head Design.. Those terms I'm referring to is the Size of the Radiator Cap on the underside.. I'll post pics of my Stock Cap so you can see.

I bought this from Ebay So make sure you get the Genuine Cap and not the Fake from China. The Real One is made in Taiwan and sold in Japan and has the Patent Numbers on the Cap as you can see in my picture.. Not sure if I would trust a cheaper replica..94a70b6118fc88983a20d528ae6782eb.jpgcf4cbe4c1b6d143ab6b962db3731c476.jpg09a0b0a732ec63ba8540f813dedf8bd4.jpg78b11925d08ea46f86c6c316c97aac75.jpg46787a9899a6bd74fbe5f293bc183845.jpgb1ff48d1e3ef7e90f4f0fdf82e9cb477.jpg