LegacyGT.com

NEW Nav firmware update 11-21-16 for 15 and 16 Legacy

its been a great run but i no longer have access to the update files guys. i hope that the ones i got out to you guys are able to return the favor to other members. i will not be responding to any more message requests. thanks.

I just had mine updated by the dealer at no charge when they were trying to fix my GPS freezing problems, it did not fix the GPS though.

Fixed at no charge. Explanation I got was that my radio was in record mode and the memory was full, he rebooted the radio and now all is working. All I need to do now is reconnect my phone and get a refresh signal from SiriusXM and I should be ready to go.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who performed the update with a battery charger attached, how did you attach the terminals to the vehicle? Did you follow what the manual states (positive on battery; negative on frame) or put both terminals directly on the battery?

Thanks in advance!

For those who performed the update with a battery charger attached ...

Bad idea to use a generic battery charger for this purpose. A typical battery charger can have a high ripple voltage superimposed on the nominal 12 volts DC, which in extreme cases can damage the car's electronics. A purpose-designed 12 volt power supply will generally have less than 5% ripple.

... how did you attach the terminals to the vehicle? Did you follow what the manual states (positive on battery; negative on frame) or put both terminals directly on the battery?
Both are electrically equivalent. The reason for the negative-to-frame recommendation is to keep any sparking during connect/disconnect away from the battery. Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

... what is the correct procedure in order to not completely drain the battery during the update?

1) Use a regulated power supply designed for this kind of service. Subaru dealers are required to use a specific commercial charger. Some consumer-grade "smart" battery charger models (e.g. CTEK) include a regulated "supply" mode for just this purpose.

2) A computer power supply (or any regulated power supply) that can provide 12 to 13 volts at 4 amps or more should be safe to use.

3) For owners, Subaru recommends just running the engine at idle for the duration of the update.

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

How does one check installed version? (Edit: found out in first page of this thread)

Also, when you update, do you lose any settings/pairings?

Update: Is OU9019 latest available version for 2.5 premium non-nav?

Edited by gulzeb

Has anyone had issues with the Fujitsu Ten 7" headunit not recognizing a USB drive? I have a 4GB usb FAT32 drive I have formatted multiple times. The headunit unfortunately does not recognize the USB drive. I have also tried deleting the partition and re-creating it as well as only having a smaller partition (2GB) on the drive while leaving the rest unpartitioned and still no luck.

Edit: nevermind, bad drive.

Edited by Whammy

Hi Guys!

I've successfuly updated my MY16 USDM Outback with this files:

NU9312_USB_1st.exe

NU9312_USB_2nd.exe

TSB 15-205-16.pdf

They are up to date for MY16 Outback and Legacy with Navy.

I've got the files from Jdog81, thanks for him once more.

I place the files to my GoogleDisk. Who need it see the link below.

Good luck))

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10MWowyNeSi6SuE5bNzvztYtJaUKkO7u0?usp=sharing

What's interesting is that the 13FDANNA-CA00_9999.kwi file is in both exe files. When performing an md5sum against them, they come out as the same file.

md5sum Disk1/13FDANNA-CA00_9999.kwi

967c6bf3a1f91c627646700140d23059 Disk1/13FDANNA-CA00_9999.kwi

md5sum Disk2/13FDANNA-CA00_9999.kwi

967c6bf3a1f91c627646700140d23059 Disk2/13FDANNA-CA00_9999.kwi

So why do you flash the same file twice?

Has anyone had issues with the Fujitsu Ten 7" headunit not recognizing a USB drive? I have a 4GB usb FAT32 drive I have formatted multiple times. The headunit unfortunately does not recognize the USB drive. I have also tried deleting the partition and re-creating it as well as only having a smaller partition (2GB) on the drive while leaving the rest unpartitioned and still no luck.

Edit: nevermind, bad drive.

Heh … I have had issues with the HU recognizing the USB directory since I got the car in August 2014. Sometimes it's there … sometimes it's gone. Shuffle sort of sucks too.

For those with a 2015 legacy (although I’m sure it’s similar for other models) beware of the NAV update. My dealer was preparing to install and told me that the update time was ~7 hours. Seemed ridiculous at the time so I declined the service, but after calling around to other dealerships, I found that 7 hours was the “norm.” Unless you have all day, or another way to work, consider this before getting the update!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those with a 2015 legacy (although I’m sure it’s similar for other models) beware of the NAV update. My dealer was preparing to install and told me that the update time was ~7 hours. Seemed ridiculous at the time so I declined the service, but after calling around to other dealerships, I found that 7 hours was the “norm.” Unless you have all day, or another way to work, consider this before getting the update!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the Navi updates free under warranty?

I have 2017 premium with 30K+miles

I have 2016 Legacy Premium -- the vehicle has the Fujitsu 7” Display Audio Unit without Navigation. I currently have OU9311 installed. However, shortly after installation I lost the LIST function for Sirius XM radio. After talking with Sirius customer service multiple times and trying numerous signal refreshes, they notified me there is an issue with the current Subaru software and Sirius XM radio regarding this functionality. New software was supposed to be available in December. My dealer is not aware of the issue of course.

Does anyone have software that is newer than OU9311 for this model (no navigation)? I have OU9309 and OU9310 - can I reload these on my radio and go back to older software and hopefully remove the current Sirius XM issue?

Thanks in advance for any help & advice!