LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Makes sense.

How many shows do you do a year, roughly?

How long will you keep your Leggy before it's either too old to show or you get tired of it?

Any plans for what you'll be getting next?

This year I have done 33 Car Shows.. I've been showing my car since Fall of 2015 each year I continue to add or build ideas.

I'm the only 6th Gen Legacy showing in Southern California. I have some big plans for 2019. I'll be adding a few more things and if everything goes as planned I will be at SEMA 2019...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Installed Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn with backup modules. Sweet little upgrade! Glad to get rid of those lame amber turn signals and the LED's really pop. Did LED's for turn as backup and backup lights while I was back there. Bright as all hell.

Like it so much I might do the wife's 2018 Outback Premium. Just replaced the license plate lights with LED's and backup lights on hers. Headlights and fogs next ...

Installed Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn with backup modules. Sweet little upgrade! Glad to get rid of those lame amber turn signals and the LED's really pop. Did LED's for turn as backup and backup lights while I was back there. Bright as all hell.

Like it so much I might do the wife's 2018 Outback Premium. Just replaced the license plate lights with LED's and backup lights on hers. Headlights and fogs next ...

I'm still waiting for my DyodeDynamics order to come in. I got brighter yellow fogs (only used when there's actual fog or heavy snow) and the brightest reverse lights for both the '15 Legacy and '14 FXT.

Did you end up with the brightest back-up LED? Is it blindingly bright at night or a practical increase in usable lumens?

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Actually went with Osram Zevo's from Advance Auto. Way cheaper than DD, and definitely an increase in brightness. Can see it in the backup camera and against the house when backing into the driveway. Had to do it right away to the new OB because the windows are so tinted.

My only concern with DD Tail as Turn (and it's more of a pet peeve) is that when you have the turn signal on, there's no brake indication anymore on that light. At least that's the way it seems in a few videos I've seen.

Curious @grnlantern1: why have you not done any sort of front lip yet? Love seeing the rear OEM half lip, but the front looks naked to me.
Getting ready for 2019 Show Season.. Will be getting Sport Vita Gloss Black Grill and Sti Gloss Black Front Lip..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just notice the M-D light stopped working,anyone had this replace under warranty?

Just fixed the light on that M-D,

All I did was press down on the led while heating up the joints it.

,and that’s it it’s been working fine,but will see how long it will last.

Just fixed the light on that M-D,

All I did was press down on the led while heating up the joints it.

,and that’s it it’s been working fine,but will see how long it will last.

Interesting. Mind elaborating? Heating up which joints? Remember, reefer joints don't count, brother! :cool:

'15 FB25

Interesting. Mind elaborating? Heating up which joints? Remember, reefer joints don't count, brother! :cool:

Joints circled in yellow,I heated it up with soldering iron while I was pressing down on the LED,that is where the broken connection is at on mine.

But if it doesn’t hold up I will be replacing it with these,maybe in different colors.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/little-dot-smd-led-accent-light/639/1929/

IMG_5040.thumb.jpg.1eb62b113e445627cd3d52834f7ff96c.jpg

I picked up a 2015 2.5 premium a couple of weeks ago.

Mods so far are fogs installed by dealer, remote start installed by dealer, and self installs are door edge trim (door seems to fling open all the way too easily compared to other vehicles I have owned), fuse box pocket thing, center console tray add, and 20mm rsb.

The car felt really floaty before rsb upgrade, but feels a bit weird afterward as well, a bit wandery now as opposed to floaty. Still needs course correction often. During install, one end link was in the (I think that’s lower control arm?) pretty tight, so I had to hammer it out and hammer new one in. Then after putting pin in, it wasn’t spinning as freely as the other side. Not sure if that’s normal or not, and if that causes any issues.

Have some philips xtremevision low beam bulbs to swap in as well when I get a chance.

Edited by gulzeb

Joints circled in yellow,I heated it up with soldering iron while I was pressing down on the LED,that is where the broken connection is at on mine.

But if it doesn’t hold up I will be replacing it with these,maybe in different colors.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-wired-bolts/little-dot-smd-led-accent-light/639/1929/

Let us know how that holds up. I did the same thing to mine but it only lasted a few days.

In my last car I changed all the inside LEDs from orange to blue. I used LEDs from that site. They are very good.

Changing all the LEDs brought some new feel to the interior.

I've actually been thinking about doing it to this car with white LEDs. It was such a hassle last time though so I consider this a low priority for me.

Edited by fastcar123

Excellent. Thanks!

'15 FB25

My only concern with DD Tail as Turn (and it's more of a pet peeve) is that when you have the turn signal on, there's no brake indication anymore on that light. At least that's the way it seems in a few videos I've seen.

You would be surprised how many other cars do it this way. Trust me, the other light and 3rd brake light and flashing light SHOULD be enough to get some attention from the person behind. Honestly, I always thought the amber blinkers were 'lost' with the brightness of the LED brake lights.

Why would dark tint affect the backup camera?

Because my driveway is a PITA to back in to and out of habit, I still turn and look as with the last 3 Outbacks even though the 8 inch Multimedia screen puts the 7 inch screen in my 3.6R and the teeny-tiny backup screen in the boy's Foz to shame. hehe

Because my driveway is a PITA to back in to and out of habit, I still turn and look as with the last 3 Outbacks even though the 8 inch Multimedia screen puts the 7 inch screen in my 3.6R and the teeny-tiny backup screen in the boy's Foz to shame. hehe

I used to do the same thing. It took me all of a few months to get used to the reverse screen...jealous??? :eek:

I know what you mean about the difference in screen size. I still look at all three mirrors while reversing with my wife's '14 Forester, it's that freaking tiny. I admittedly do the same thing in my '15 Legacy, but 75%+ of my attention is on the screen.

'15 FB25