LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Hi Guys,

New here but got my 2018 3.6R last October. quick question, how is that knock off front lip holding up? I see they still sell them on ebay but shipping is $100...

thanks

I’ve had it for a while and it’s a really good quality,good thing I got it for $149 shipped,you might be able to make a deal with the seller on lowering the shipping price,won’t hurt to ask.

Installed my winter tires. Now just looking forward to some snow fun.

Where do you live? I think I've got at least another month before I need to install ours. Last year, I don't think I had to install them until late December or early January, it was so mild. That might have been the winter before.

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Where do you live? I think I've got at least another month before I need to install ours. Last year, I don't think I had to install them until late December or early January, it was so mild. That might have been the winter before.

I'm in Toronto. We had a couple of colder days which triggered me to change the tires a week earlier than usual. Plus my insurance company sets Nov 1st as the day that winter tires must be on the car in order to get the winter tire discount.

I'm in Toronto. We had a couple of colder days which triggered me to change the tires a week earlier than usual. Plus my insurance company sets Nov 1st as the day that winter tires must be on the car in order to get the winter tire discount.

Ah, that makes sense. Which winter tires are you running?

'15 FB25

My complimentary free oil change from dealer is done,so I will be changing my oil change on my own,I’ll be using mobile1 0/20w with fram xg filter,

Anyone using a different oil filter brand besides Subaru one?

Mobil

0W-20

XG= Fram Ultra (used to be Extended Guard) - weird keeping XG instead of UG, IMO.

I run Fram Ultras on both of our Subies. They're great filters!

'15 FB25

As far as oil goes, I have a great relationship with Shortline, so I will continue with OEM everything. I have chosen Penz Platinum with OEM filter, on a few other Subies though, and it worked well.

I drive about 100mi per month now, in my car (just to keep things from getting all bunged up and battery charged), but maintenance will still be done every 6mo.

Bridgestone Blizzak WS80. Its going to be my third winter with this set, but I've had WS60s and WS70s on my older cars and they were great.

That's what we have on both of our Subies. I had WS70s on my previous STI.

The Continental winters worked well on our previous Civic, too, though. When our Forester couldn't get out of our spot in the parking lot (stock tires), the Civic (w/ winters) plowed right through and out! It's amazing that snow tires trump AWD, including X-MODE, and ground clearance!

'15 FB25

As far as oil goes, I have a great relationship with Shortline, so I will continue with OEM everything. I have chosen Penz Platinum with OEM filter, on a few other Subies though, and it worked well.

I drive about 100mi per month now, in my car (just to keep things from getting all bunged up and battery charged), but maintenance will still be done every 6mo.

6-months, ~600 miles OCI's sounds like a complete and utter waste! I would suggest changing yearly, and even that is a waste, IMO.

'15 FB25

Of course, it's a 2018.

Fair enough. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

With that low of annual mileage, why not buy used or lease? Nothing wrong with doing what you want. I'm just curious. :)

I was able to get my '15 Legacy Premium for $15,750 with ~30k miles on 'er.

'15 FB25

Fair enough. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.

With that low of annual mileage, why not buy used or lease? Nothing wrong with doing what you want. I'm just curious. :)

I was able to get my '15 Legacy Premium for $15,750 with ~30k miles on 'er.

Tis a good point. I guess the short version is, I am super loyal to Subaru and Shortline. I think it's kinda neat being an Ambassador and owning a 50th Anniversary model, and I love the Legacy in this trim.

Did my first oil change after switching to the fumoto valve. It was quick and easy. No spills, no mess; cranked the engine till the oil temp showed 90F. shut it off. jacked up the front passenger side, slid the pan under and turned the valve open and got out of there in about 5 minutes. Checked back after 5 min and it looked like it had already drained off. Went under to turn the valve close, but saw it still dripping drop by drop. Left it to drain for an hour or so while I was in work meetings. Checked again and the drops were much slower. Closed it up, oiled the new filter and filled 'er back up with the 5QT jug of Castrol 0W20 full syn.

When I transferred the old oil from the collection pan back into the 5qt jug, it only filled up to a little over 4qts. I did that last oil change and put in 5qts; Is it possible that it didn't fully drain? Checked the dip stick and its sitting just a tad bit below the top level dot. Can't imagine that it burned off a full quart.

Anyone else see something similar after switching to the fumoto valve? Should I have left it to drain for longer? Didn't think the extra 20 drops that would have dripped in another hour would have made a difference...

Edited by tornichoe