LegacyGT.com

Official Crystal Black Silica Thread (2015+)

rob_m

I picked this baby up a week ago tomorrow. The grille was a huge selling point, and makes the car looks so much more aggressive.

(Removed the dealer billboards within two days.)

MIQGhyF.jpg

Did it come with a front backing? I've used C&C Car Worx brackets in the past on the last couple cars I've owned, and they seemed solid. Or was your plate screwed right into the bumper directly?

Did you remove any logos/markings on the rear of the vehicle? What'd you use?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it come with a front backing? I've used C&C Car Worx brackets in the past on the last couple cars I've owned, and they seemed solid. Or was your plate screwed right into the bumper directly?

Did you remove any logos/markings on the rear of the vehicle? What'd you use?

Plate was screwed right into the bumper, no backing. I’ll check out Car Worx.

All factory emblems remain on the back. The dealer didn’t stick anything extra. I’ve heard dental floss works to remove emblems, not sure how to get decals off.

Oh, I was talking about the "Sold by Dealership" little stickers/lettering they put on. Not the Legacy and Subaru and "3.6" logos.

From what I've heard, the best way to remove the vinyl lettering is to was the area with a car wash soap and water so it's clean, use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive, and then they should slide right off. Use something like a general purpose cleaner like a Simple Green, or a 3M Adhesive Remover if you have to for anything leftover, and then wash and wax the area afterwards.

While the ~40ish bucks they're asking is a lot for a front bracker, it's usually a fair deal to also get the rear plate bracket in some type of package combo. I've used them on my 09 Legacy and my 11 Outback and they were solid. Just make sure you follow the directions and clean and dry the area thoroughly before you get started so the tape can adhere.

You can also go for the OEM route for about $30.

Edited by Pilot1226

Oh, I was talking about the "Sold by Dealership" little stickers/lettering they put on. Not the Legacy and Subaru and "3.6" logos.

From what I've heard, the best way to remove the vinyl lettering is to was the area with a car wash soap and water so it's clean, use a hair dryer to heat up the adhesive, and then they should slide right off. Use something like a general purpose cleaner like a Simple Green, or a 3M Adhesive Remover if you have to for anything leftover, and then wash and wax the area afterwards.

While the ~40ish bucks they're asking is a lot for a front bracker, it's usually a fair deal to also get the rear plate bracket in some type of package combo. I've used them on my 09 Legacy and my 11 Outback and they were solid. Just make sure you follow the directions and clean and dry the area thoroughly before you get started so the tape can adhere.

You can also go for the OEM route for about $30.

Every car I bought that already had the dealer stickers on, I asked them to remove it. I've never had a problem. I would rather do it that way and eliminate any possibility that I would mess up the paint.

Every car I bought that already had the dealer stickers on, I asked them to remove it. I've never had a problem. I would rather do it that way and eliminate any possibility that I would mess up the paint.

Same. Told them during purchase process, whether already there or they planned to put on, no stickers, decals, badges or anything with dealer name other than an easily removable license plate bracket.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
How did you get the silver trim around the door blacked out?
Plasti-dip is best for it I think. Incase of over spray you can just wipe off without messing anything up. I've had it on mine for a year now and it's still going strong.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first Subaru; 3.6R, acquired it earlier this year, new old stock from the local dealer. I was looking for a second car, and this felt like the perfect choice.

Love relationship keeps growing.

Some ongoing subtle mods.

IMG_1427.thumb.jpg.59edd523a09bc6a0c97c784ba916063f.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Just found this little showcase, figured I'd add mine. Lowered with whiteline springs, axleback from nameless, smoked reverse and turn signals w laminix, and gloss black painted grille (body shop) Debadged, and vinyl overlays for emblems.eee68b143246e22fa1f77a41beb0862e.jpg79bafcba624a7f3b769c1a7ece321fbb.jpgbef5ee116af0dfe6225a171109f8445f.jpg912ae58361c31337ffebe42a514ffebf.jpg4ee7752b5b04dd722775ab34a6414f4a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...