LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

I assumed readers would understand I meant the lack of a 3.6 in the Ascent/the demise of the 3.6 in the Legacy...;)

Ah, didn't catch that. :lol:

It is good to see all the good reviews, both here and on auto sites. Makes me feel better about getting one next year when we turn in my wife's lease.

Mod budget for the Legacy may be a bit impacted now...

Picked this up Friday. Been looking on and off for a couple years and finally decided to pull the trigger. It's a 2010 Grand Sport 3LT with 17k miles. Previous owner installed a short-throw and Corsa exhaust. Absolutely love it! The sound this thing makes ripping through the gears is intoxicating.fb566d4cf7ce972a2d898e35fe119db3.jpg302f67cd237da1ca2a7be631fc7eccdb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks! Good guess - 36.5. I'm holding on to the GT at least until the Vette is paid off which will be a few years. My goal for the GT is to just get things in a good, reliable state. Even if that means undoing some modifications. My boost still goes out of control so I either need to finally port the WG or go back to the stock DP.

I have been occasionally checking C/L for 4th Legacy Wagons or Outbacks in a 2.5i 5MT trim as 2nd winter/second car to offload winter wear and some of the miles I have been putting on my GT. I found a good candidate that is clean (at least in the pictures) but has a leaking headgasket/overdue for timing belt. The price is reasonable, I don't mind pulling the motor once for maintenance, but I can't seem to pull the trigger to look at it. I am guess I am having second thought on buying a 10 year old car. My concern is that I am anal about maintenance and I always end up pouring money into used cars to make them 100% reliable. My other option is to wait a couple years when I can afford to buy something newer (I have been thinking a 3 year old used version of current FXT or 3.6R OB).

I have been occasionally checking C/L for 4th Legacy Wagons or Outbacks in a 2.5i 5MT trim as 2nd winter/second car to offload winter wear and some of the miles I have been putting on my GT. I found a good candidate that is clean (at least in the pictures) but has a leaking headgasket/overdue for timing belt. The price is reasonable, I don't mind pulling the motor once for maintenance, but I can't seem to pull the trigger to look at it. I am guess I am having second thought on buying a 10 year old car. My concern is that I am anal about maintenance and I always end up pouring money into used cars to make them 100% reliable. My other option is to wait a couple years when I can afford to buy something newer (I have been thinking a 3 year old used version of current FXT or 3.6R OB).
???

22f69ef314c19ab7ca0fb60fb2c4c4d5.jpg

Anyone else watching the Cornhole championships on ESPN?

Funny you mention that. I was at a bowling alley last night and they had it playing on one of the TVs. I didn't know that was a thing.

I like that they made an STI offering for it, but the "3.6RS" badge bugs me so much. If it looked exactly like it does in that advert text, I'd love it. But as is, it looks like a homebrew job done with an ebay badge. Or even worse, the RS looks like it came from a Chevy. The "RS" is way too big.

7d2b4584968f00690200109c7e592a3d.jpg

b592799458a04e6eea60e630b6c75f0e.jpg

I really do not understand why they wont bring the Levorg to the States.

It is because no one buy wagons anymore. The total wagon market (I am not including the lifted variations) in the US is about 20,000 cars for year and about 80% of those are VW Sportwagens. Dominating the current wagon market share would not be enough to be profitable, they would need to create a new market for them.

Is that suggestion or are you selling your FXT?
Considering selling to get a Lexus GX with a V8. The Fozz just rolled over 100k miles on the chassis and 55k on the motor. Suspension was just swapped out for a 25k mile 2015 OEM Forester suspension. She's in spectacular condition.

I mean wagonlife is pretty awesome. The 3.0 in this with with sport/sport#, is great. The 05 na wagon I had before was perfect for around town. This is better for my lifestyle of heading out in the hills, dirt roads, fishing adventures though. More balls and higher ground clearance of course than my legacy wagon.08d84c7a34f81b31ca822d50d9b8cfd8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Considering selling to get a Lexus GX with a V8...

If you don’t need the low range, consider an MDX as well. When replacing my wife’s RX with a three row we considered the GX but one of the negatives was the fuel economy. The MDX is surprisingly engaging to drive for what it is and the highway MPGs are impressive, I’ve seen 24-25 on road trips.

Considering selling to get a Lexus GX with a V8. The Fozz just rolled over 100k miles on the chassis and 55k on the motor. Suspension was just swapped out for a 25k mile 2015 OEM Forester suspension. She's in spectacular condition.

I am sure your FXT is in great condition, but I am not going to travel across the country to buy a 100k mile FXT. I would do that for your '12 GT though. ;)