LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

I have not seen this one but I usually only look for OB nose cuts. Having said that, I just saw a nice nose cut in pretty good condition this morning, even matching my color (not 100% sure on that one though).I already contacted the seller to see how much he'd take off if I don't take the hood. But wife wants to buy a trailer at the moment :(....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Year one with this car has been fun.

I think I'm done tinkering with the front end.

JDM 3.0r bumper with sport lip

Corazon grill

JDM headlights Customized36dffe2f6ed0a42a7f2a43d663b706b7.jpg6247a9b89d82e91177292168829407dc.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Some unusual follow-up on my situation... Two interesting points:

--I got my refund today with a little twist. The seller refunded me 100% in his currency. But the exchange rate made me loose like 60$. Then, I carefully checked paypal terms and agreements which state:

When you buy something from a seller using PayPal that required a currency conversion which PayPal performed, and a refund is issued:

• Within 60 days of the date of the original payment, the exchange rate used at the time of the original payment is used.
  • Beyond 60 days of the date of the original payment, the exchange rate on the date of the refund is used.

So, nothing I can do about it. :mad:

--Now to the second point: the seller told me that apparently the pallet will be delivered to my address as it cannot be shipped back to the UK. Too pricey. :confused:. So I may get my stuff after all, in which case I will send his money back. But it remains to be seen.

Moral of the story: might as well stick to the local jdm importers :spin:

I personally had no problems with japanparts either, but I agree stick to HKC Speed or other vendors. Glad to hear the pallet will arrive after all. It sucks to wait, but Im sure the results will be worth it. Good luck, post pics when you get it on. Love some JDM pron

Sorry to hear about your hassles.

I'm amazed how cheap shipping to us consumers is. Got an engine hoist delivered free to my door via Amazon Prime and the thing has got to weigh 200lbs. On the flip side, returns to sellers appear to be costly. I bought a high-end kitchen sink that arrived with a manufacturing flaw in it. Instead of accepting the return, they said "Keep it." and sent a new one.

Okay, back to nose cuts. Why do sellers include the fenders and hood when most of us don't need them? To my thinking, it just adds to their shipping costs.

I personally had no problems with japanparts either, but I agree stick to HKC Speed or other vendors. Glad to hear the pallet will arrive after all. It sucks to wait, but Im sure the results will be worth it. Good luck, post pics when you get it on. Love some JDM pron

Well, I hope it will arrive. We shall see. If it really does, I will certainly post about it with a few pics.

And yeah, I've had that rear edm outback bumper gathering dust in my garage. I also have a nice jdm grille in excellent condition that I got from NZ, as well as these little outback bumper skirts that go in each lower corner of the front bumper just like wrx usa. If I really pull this through, the car will look nice.

Okay, back to nose cuts. Why do sellers include the fenders and hood when most of us don't need them? To my thinking, it just adds to their shipping costs.

Not sure. In my case, I don't need the hood (but need the fenders). But someone who want to convert their 08+ udsm outback front end would need the hood and fenders.

• 4 weeks later...
JDM Troubles!! Albero bumper wont fit with my FMIC! Need to cut the brackets and reweld new piping to make it fit without cutting a big hole in it. NBD, just more time and $$. Should be finished saturday, then its time for the edm console and 09 spec b interior to go in. This has been a long time coming, better hold up to my expectations!

Hey guys, for those of you who have the Rev AC front bumper, what fogs did you use with it and/or where can you pick them up? Any pics on the install or brackets would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, for those of you who have the Rev AC front bumper, what fogs did you use with it and/or where can you pick them up? Any pics on the install or brackets would also be helpful. Thanks in advance!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-LEGACY-BL5-BP5-OPTION-BUMPER-FOG-LIGHTS-OEM/271553841539?hash=item3f39dec983%3Ag%3AKIEAAOSwX6VTy8Gi&_sacat=0&_nkw=jdm+legacy+fog+light&LH_ItemCondition=4&_from=R40&rt=nc

I know I have asked this before :hide:. Are the facelift JDM/EDM and USDM headlights different in shape and size (apart from HID vs. halogen, number of bulbs, etc..)

Yes they are very different.

The JDM lights dont line up with the USDM body parts.

Thanks for that. So on that pic, the fender is usdm and the headlight is edm?

Has anyone tried to fit a usdm headlight, usdm fender and edm bumper and grill?

Yes, the lights are jdm / edm

The bumper has the same issues. It doesn’t line up with the USDM fenders. Subaru really did make facelift swaps hard. It’s the same thing with facelift Sedan rear ends. You need the bumper and lights.

Yes, the lights are jdm / edm

The bumper has the same issues. It doesn’t line up with the USDM fenders. Subaru OF AMERICA really did make facelift swaps hard. It’s the same thing with facelift Sedan rear ends. You need the bumper and lights.

FTFY. :mad: