LegacyGT.com

LGT Owners, what car will you drive next?

We have two bucks now over 250k with regular maintenance. The one now leaks oil like a sob but the 3800series engine from the 90s was a great engine.

I agree with the "sport" factor not really being there, but let's be real we're not all getting younger and families are getting bigger.

Opels are GMs too...

True, but they have German-bred DNA and technology which GM uses to create "similar but not the same" vehicles. Even my little Rallye had a GM card in the glove box. But everything else was printed (and built) in Germany. My cousin bought it in Germany and shipped it back to the States. :)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm hearing way to much "but it's a Buick", "but it's a Kia", ect... They have a stigma they can't seem to shake. If it's a good car, who cares what badge is on the grill?

I had a 2004 Mini Cooper S back in 2011 and LOVED it, but I was made fun of constantly from people saying it's a chick car, to small, ect. I ended up selling it after a year. I've since matured and now could care less what other people think of my car. If I like it, that is all that really matters.

Stepping off the soapbox now ;)

• I Donated
True, but they have German-bred DNA and technology which GM uses to create "similar but not the same" vehicles. Even my little Rallye had a GM card in the glove box. But everything else was printed (and built) in Germany. My cousin bought it in Germany and shipped it back to the States. :)

So what's the difference if they take the Opel badge off the car and put a Buick badge on? That's essentially what they're doing with the TourX.

• 3 weeks later...
So what's the difference if they take the Opel badge off the car and put a Buick badge on? That's essentially what they're doing with the TourX.

The tacked on black plastic molding looks like shit.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Prob mentioned but I’m an eying the Audi RS3. A bit smaller but a rocket ship! Fastest in its class with style but not overdone. Waiting for slightly used models to appear as new price tag is stupid right now

feeb479d89429ef3c05dcb015c034199.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prob mentioned but I’m an eying the Audi RS3. A bit smaller but a rocket ship! Fastest in its class with style but not overdone. Waiting for slightly used models to appear as new price tag is stupid right now

The couple I bought the GT from replaced it with a red RS3. Good looking car.

You should look at a CPO S3 (~30K) and do simple DSG and JB4 tunes on it. You'll be RS3 fast and save ~20K in the process.

Or, Golf R and same as above. Cost of admission is much less.

Leaning Q50 Red Sport.. S3 is nice too, but I worry about major $$ to replace the DSG in case of problems and then there's dieselgate...

Starting at 50K? nah, not for me. For 50K there are too many choices out there. Hope you enjoy it though. I hear the new steering setup on the Qs leaves a lot to be desired.

I was Door to door a q60 red sport the other week from a 50 roll.

Edited by stocklgt

Starting at 50K? nah, not for me. For 50K there are too many choices out there. Hope you enjoy it though. I hear the new steering setup on the Qs leaves a lot to be desired.

I was Door to door a q60 red sport the other week from a 50 roll.

They're actually selling for ~45-46k new. I know the steering may not be "ideal". Still haven't finalized it, just leaning that way.

Just curious what would you pick for ~40-50k? For me, 4 doors and auto are a must. Kinda want 400 hp+.

Worried about repair bills from german cars and reliability post-warranty. As you can see from the username - I've had a few VWs..

My friend just got into a 2014 E63S for just over $50k. 590ft-lbs.

Any kind of warranty on that? Isn't CPO for MB like 1-2 years max? AMG is awesome, but parts are crazy $$$.

Parts definitely cost more than Subaru parts, and you have to buy more parts OEM. I believe that he did get a warranty, but it might be third party.

My friend has an E55 wagon and he does most of the work himself. Maintenance seems reasonable enough for a high-powered German car (read: around the same as a modified Subaru), but the power more than makes up for it.

They're actually selling for ~45-46k new. I know the steering may not be "ideal". Still haven't finalized it, just leaning that way.

Just curious what would you pick for ~40-50k? For me, 4 doors and auto are a must. Kinda want 400 hp+.

Worried about repair bills from german cars and reliability post-warranty. As you can see from the username - I've had a few VWs..

I'd go german or SS Sedan 6 speed personally if I had 40-50K...Then again I have a soft spot for E39 M5's. If you can go to a coupe, i'd def look at the american market, namely a Camaro SS 1LE or 2SS package.

Have you looked into the Charger Scat Pack? Those are a riot with 485hp and 245 tires...Maybe cpo CTS-V also. The options are there, just depends what you are after.

Edited by stocklgt

As I said - 4 doors are a must, as well as good rear legroom (I have a family). Camaro is, for all intents and purposes, a 2-seater. Even the Mustang rear seats (while fully inadequate) are better. Not to mention the vision issues.

Test drove a Charger Scat Pack. The tires chirping around slow corners got old real fast. I'm not 19 anymore.. Plus, the 6.4 didn't actually "feel" that fast, but maybe I need to drive it longer. Q50s are low 11s/high 10s with just a tune and upgraded intercooler, AFAIK.

Looked at the SS - finding a reasonable '15+ (want the adjustable suspension) is hard. I've heard the 6EAT is so-so (again, need an auto - don't want to shift in rush hour) - drove a '14, but wanted a '15+. The lack of a folding rear seat was REALLY disappointing, and not sure I want to be buying unobtainium parts - been there, done that (VW Corrado - got hit by a deer when the car was 8-9 years old, and got the LAST driver's door in NA, shipped nearly all the way across the continnent). They share SOME parts, but some parts are very limited availability.

Had a line on a CTS-VSport, nearly new for low 40s. Family really didn't like the seats/interior comfort. I'm sure it's great, just not for my family (much as I would have liked it, based on specs).

So, I've LOOKED at all those. I do like the AWD available in the Q50 for bad weather and possibly going to Tahoe in the winter. I love launching in the LGT in the rain and leaving most others behind.