LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Installed the STI Short Throw Shifter (#C1010AJ100) and STI Shifter Knob (#C1010FG100)

Ordered the 2015 WRX Perrin brass bushing (PSP-INR-016) and Perrin Shifter Stop (PSP-INR-018).

I think I need the 2015 WRX shifter bushing washer as well..?

oh andddd

Headlight bulb this morning.. this time went to the dealer, covered under warranty if they fail under 1 year. Bulbs were previously replaced this past June! :mad:

IMG_9598.thumb.jpg.0eb08c764366e0bb563d9285ddd6f3ea.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.d51a88cbbcec1547667cdf615c490e14.jpg

Installed the STI Short Throw Shifter (#C1010AJ100) and STI Shifter Knob (#C1010FG100)

Ordered the 2015 WRX Perrin brass bushing (PSP-INR-016) and Perrin Shifter Stop (PSP-INR-018).

Just a heads up, if the -018 shifter stop does not work for you, you will need the -019.

You should be able to find an M8 x 25mm fender washer in your hardware store of choice, that'll get you where you need to go.

Chippewa Falls, eh? Good to see there's another gen 5 GT in Wisconsin! You ever make it out east to the Fox Valley at all?

I hope I'll feel a difference in the vertical and horizontal play. Love the STS, should have had it from the get-go.

Falcor - I recall reading a thread on here about that when it was first discovered that it was interchangeable with our tranny's. Something about a V1 and V2, and the V2 being the correct version.

ccw516 - likewise! I literally have yet to see another LGT, and I moved from the Twin Cities, however theres a noticeable increase in the number of 5th Gen Legacy's in the Eau Claire/Chippewa area. Chilson Subaru must have a good sales team!

To answer your question, I do go as far East as Marshfield / Steven's Point for my sales job, never Fox Valley yet. It would be cool to see another LGT!

I haven't seen too many myself- I kinda stopped keeping an exact count, but it's under 10. To put it in perspective, I've seen the same number (+/- 1) of 5th-gen LGTs as I've seen R35 GT-Rs, and those are anything but common.

I hope I'll feel a difference in the vertical and horizontal play. Love the STS, should have had it from the get-go.

Both together will tighten up the shifter. It's not perfect, but much better. The shift bushing especially. It takes away the rubbery feeling of the stock bushing.

Headlight bulb this morning.. this time went to the dealer, covered under warranty if they fail under 1 year. Bulbs were previously replaced this past June! :mad:

Get some Morimoto 2Stroke 2.0's or something and save yourself the future trouble. Else it's gonna be halogens every 6 months like I was doing.

Shifter loosened up a bit lately (some travel in gears). Not sure if the shop tightened things up properly when they installed parts below. When I originally picked it up it was nice and tight. Any thoughts?

Also lately I am having difficulty engaging 1st/2nd gears, after riding in higher gears (3rd, 4th..) and coming to a stop. :confused:

One possible issue: at first I installed -018 perrin stopper. Just ordered -019 version. But not sure if it is related to she looseness.

Dropped it off at a local shop. Installing

- Whiteline RSB

- Boomba SSP

- Perrin Bushing

- Perrin Stop

Falcor - I recall reading a thread on here about that when it was first discovered that it was interchangeable with our tranny's. Something about a V1 and V2, and the V2 being the correct version.

ccw516 - likewise! I literally have yet to see another LGT, and I moved from the Twin Cities, however theres a noticeable increase in the number of 5th Gen Legacy's in the Eau Claire/Chippewa area. Chilson Subaru must have a good sales team!

To answer your question, I do go as far East as Marshfield / Steven's Point for my sales job, never Fox Valley yet. It would be cool to see another LGT!

you'll certainly feel the difference with the brass bushing, i had the STI STS since i got the car so i can't say anything about that, but with brass bushing, shift stop mount (correctly adjusted) and the clutch damper delete the car is a pleasure to shift.

Finally got my multigauge hooked up to a laptop and configured.

Loving how the display matches up to the OE displays!

Cant wait to get it in its final spot in the clock bezel.

1fw3qZ0.jpg

Woahhh I want one of those!! got a model#?

Sure! It's this:

https://www.reveltronics.com/en/products/universal-trip-computer-utcomp

I got the Pro version for the additional number of inputs for future expandability.

The standard version has a slightly smaller display though, which may make it easier to fit in places like the clock area.

Either is available with the white OLED screen which matches our stock displays very nicely, that's the one I have.

It comes out cheaper than a set of quality gauges, but it involves a bit more work putting it all together and setting up the sensors to work with the display computer.

last night i changed my cylinder 4 coil pack and plug and got my baby back at full boost...but not without getting cuts and bruises all over my hands. its pretty darn tight down there, i certainly could have had a couple more different sized extensions to help the job along. i need to patent extensions that have a removal button on the shank, would have saved me a bunch of time.

last night i changed my cylinder 4 coil pack and plug and got my baby back at full boost...but not without getting cuts and bruises all over my hands. its pretty darn tight down there, i certainly could have had a couple more different sized extensions to help the job along. i need to patent extensions that have a removal button on the shank, would have saved me a bunch of time.

The #4 coil is the hardest one by far to remove.

The #4 coil is the hardest one by far to remove.

the coil pack itself i got out quite easily with a little tip from the service manual to turn it 180 degrees as removing it... ccw on the way out and cw on the way in(which they left out) makes it glide in quite nicely and it would have been nice if they mentioned you should remove the clips with a small flat head i was real nervous about prying the tab out and breaking it but it came off with very little force. but the spark plug was a bitch and i had to change extensions/sockets quite a few times and get pretty creative with adapters

Edited by ripstik

Yup, that plug is a challenge. You end up loosening the spark plug only to fin out there is not enough room to remove your ratchet or extension, then screw it back in a bit and switch extension only to find out you can't get the ratchet back on the shorter extension. It's frustrating.

Yup, that plug is a challenge. You end up loosening the spark plug only to fin out there is not enough room to remove your ratchet or extension, then screw it back in a bit and switch extension only to find out you can't get the ratchet back on the shorter extension. It's frustrating.

i ended up using a 3/4" deep socket over the back of the spark plug socket do get most of the work done, but had to get it started it with a mid sized extension and finished it with a 3/8" bit for my impact driver and the ole finger spin, of course there was a fair amount of experimenting to come up with that sequence. i torqued it down with that socket as well with a 3/8-1/4 adapter making up the gap to my torque wrench... yes i torqued them to spec. 15.5 lbft or 186 inlb if anyone was wondering.. the coil gets torqued to 11.8 lb ft

Removed the -018 Perrin stop and installed -019 version. Doing better.

In the process cleaned up the console including the shifter boot, cup holder and coin tray. much easier to clean it when it is removed.

Removed the -018 Perrin stop and installed -019 version. Doing better.

In the process cleaned up the console including the shifter boot, cup holder and coin tray. much easier to clean it when it is removed.

What's the difference like? I've been knocking around the idea of switching them out myself. Is it worth it?