LegacyGT.com

hondabond

It's already in the process of curing so I'm gonna have to wait. which is ok now, because i'm looking for a timing tensioner bracket or M10 x 1.25 helicoil:lol:.

I used anaerobic stuff the first time and it sucked and it didn't seal in 24hours like it claimed and am doing the oil pump a second time now but will just wait it out.

20190112_134009.thumb.jpg.6283db2392904b585d25b825e835ded5.jpg

It's already in the process of curing so I'm gonna have to wait. which is ok now, because i'm looking for a timing tensioner bracket or M10 x 1.25 helicoil[emoji38].

I used anaerobic stuff the first time and it sucked and it didn't seal in 24hours like it claimed and am doing the oil pump a second time now but will just wait it out.

I actually have a timing tensioner bracket...you want to buy it?

there is a guy down the road from me who parts out subaru's he is looking for one today.

just thought of a reason as to why the first time i tried to seal the pump a week ago it didn't work. I turned the crank over 4 times meaning 2 cam rotations, immediately after the pump went on which could have drawn in some oil or moved some around compromising my seal, but the more i say it out loud the more unlikely it sounds.

also its been getting below freezing here at nights and the car sits outside will that affect cure time?

definately not likely, aside from cleaning the garage, the truck inside the garage is unregistered and hated by the neighbors and would have a tow truck called on it immediately. I like my shit cars and working on them, my neighbors hobby is making my life hard, wish i had a real garage but this one car garage I have is just ok. Shitty neighbors suck too.:spin:

Most definitely, yes. Too cold and it may never cure. Can you keep it inside for a couple days?

it shouldn't be bad i'm giving it an extra 24 hours basically on top of the 3 days, I do have a heat gun and am tempted to use it, but i think with the extra day it should be ok... well... that's what i hope

I don't want to derail this thread, but this is something I've wondered about.

What do shops do in these situations? Independents, dealerships, anyone. When I replaced my center differential, I used Permatex gear oil rtv. I think it said to wait 24 hours before exposing it to gear oil, I doubt most shops or dealerships would do that. Also, if the customer gets their car the same day, it could sit outside in the cold too.. In my situation, I waited until a weekend when my parents were visiting, so that I could let my car sit 24 hours, and use theirs if I needed to go somewhere.

Edited by apexi

It's good for now after about 150 miles

^I had to do the job twice because I used anaerobic sealant and waited the 24 hours. It was below freezing that night and i don't think it worked properly. or i messed up the 0 ring, but it sat flat before i tightened the bolts so who knows .:spin:. hondabond and 92 hours of curing and it was solid.

the second time goes a lot quicker.

• 2 months later...