LegacyGT.com

Oil Leak from Driver side, under intake manifold

Seeking advice about oil leak under intake manifold/intercooler duct on driver side near a bolt (seems to an oil line bolt). 07 Spec B at 110k miles. Was checking to see my PCV condition as I do lose oil about 1 qt/1k miles. There is little oil in the intercooler outlet duct toward intake manifold, duct appears to be in good condition, no rips/wrap around the lip, no oil in intercooler. PCV hose connects to the block looks dry, the wet is on the driver side. No boost problem as I get 14-16psi stock, no weird noise from tubo. oil analysis from Blackstone say it's perfectly healthy. Car idles normal hot or cold. Oil pressure switch near the alternator is dry and clean. Any advice are appreciated!

InkedIMG_20200603_003315_LI.jpg.704a5e8253045d4c54e92a3d94d717a0.jpg

IMG_20200603_002909.jpg.37872ed005b7496f34eae1ee07581410.jpg

IMG_20200603_003132.jpg.6d0f697d00b75f19a4711c6d0dd6f855.jpg

IMG_20200603_003002.jpg.ed422660c0bd4a9b05f44092236d0c01.jpg

Maybe this, the hose that is sticking up in max's first pic.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5424776&postcount=11

Trying to find the part number now and not having much luck, one of the turbo guys probably knows it. Too many dang hoses on those turbos'..

Edit: Maybe not, I think this is what you said is dry, since that seems to be the pcv to block connection

Edited by apexi

thanks for the pictures. I highlighted the area I think it's wet. I checked with my fingers and it's oil. That nearby vertical pipe/hose seems dry.

Is it possible my intercooler duct has blowby and leak out from there, my other picture shows oil in the intercooler duct.

Inkedaw_LI.jpg.68ecc78ba8d6f7def18889f725221275.jpg

InkedDSCN4762_LI.jpg.8986577cd6532854c3bcfd095ed304a5.jpg

There is a plug on the top of the block with a crush washer towards the front of the engine from where you circled. It is very possible that it is leaking. You could replace the crush washer as a cheap solution. You would, however, want to remove the IM to het to it.

• 2 weeks later...

After removing everything, I only see wet around the bolt which is actually a knock sensor. The sensor itself looks ok. I might just replacement it along with whole brunch of vacuum hose, and PCV while in there. Because of the knock sensor, I found another thread that talked about the same issue. They think it's the throttle body hose that is leaking. My TB hose also has oil in there and if it leaks, that can explain why it's wet in that area after a long time. I am getting the new TB hose anyway and hope it will solve the problem. Will report back the result.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oil-leak-help-please-275727.html

After removing everything, I only see wet around the bolt which is actually a knock sensor. The sensor itself looks ok. I might just replacement it along with whole brunch of vacuum hose, and PCV while in there. Because of the knock sensor, I found another thread that talked about the same issue. They think it's the throttle body hose that is leaking. My TB hose also has oil in there and if it leaks, that can explain why it's wet in that area after a long time. I am getting the new TB hose anyway and hope it will solve the problem. Will report back the result.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/oil-leak-help-please-275727.html

I had the TB connection leak oil around there also. It actually caused the coolant hose below to swell and leak all over the top of the block.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk