LegacyGT.com

DAM questions.....i'm sure they've been answered already somewhere

But my DAM is at a steady .50 and doesn't fluctuate. How bad is this? I'm running the economy mode map on my AP. Knock sensor does not vary either during WOT. Just replaced my turbo with a rebuilt stock vf40 and only have an Invidia up pipe and K&N panel filter. Just bought a turbo inlet but have not installed it yet, i'm pretty sure there's a boost leak, boost is inconsistent. Could the leak be the culprit?

Apologies I didnt see this sooner to chime in. In terms of inconsistency on boost what are you seeing? You should see a spike of psi under full throttle and then taper off lower psi as the rpms climb higher. Simple things to check while doing so is your afr. Afr needs to be nice and rich pretty much any time your in boost. Around a 11 or 12 is typically what you would see. How is your fine knock learning or feedback knock? Those can give you some insight as to why your dam is dropping. Did you just install the tune or has it been like this for a minute? Half the times the tune will start out only allowing you to use 50% of your timing advancements (hence the 0.500) it's not only until you've driven the car enough to show the car it's safe to have the full 100% of the timing or 1.000. Now that being said, you do usually gotta get these things in boost pretty hard to get them to change quickly at all. If you cruise the thing around gently and slowly it might take quite awhile for that number to change

You likely have a vacuum leak. Look up DIY smoke test if you can't find the leak.

One item is the intake tube on the turbo tearing or de laminating from the ABS is a likely buried leak that takes a little HW clearing to actually inspect.

There is a color picture of the vac lines on the forum. This can help ID if you have a disconnected somewhere.

You might want to flash stage 1 rather than economy during any troubleshooting. I think economy reduces boost quite a bit. Also how long has this been going on for? Meaning have you filled your tank more than a couple of times since this started? A tank of low octane gas is going to drop your DAM.