LegacyGT.com

New to the forum just bought my 2010 GT!

Hi guys! After FIFTEEN YEARS I finally moved out of my old GSR Swapped 1990 Honda Civic SI and upgraded to something a little more comfortable.

Old car here:

https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-crx-ef-civic-1988-1991-3/showing-off-my-baby-what-do-you-think-pics-3303623/

Anyways I bought her with 160k miles, which is a bit high, but the engine runs strong and I've been wrenching since I was a kid so I will do any work required myself.

I picked up the car for $8500, completely stock, in meticulous cosmetic appearance. But the car needed some work (New wheel hub, brakes, starter) along with a full tune up / fluid flush. I have since completed all the work and she's riding like a dream.

I was a little nervous buying a high mileage turbo car but now that I've put over 1000 smooth miles on her I am SO freaking happy with this car and I'm glad to be a part of the community. More pics to come!

ivjDWv1.jpg

How does the LGT feel vs your previous B18 ED? :)

Hey there! The GSR Hatch was quick, and was probably a little faster off the line, but the GT is MUCH faster once that turbo kicks in! Aside from that the gt is obviously way more comfortable to drive, loving it.

Edited by decoy

Hey there! The GSR Hatch was quick, and was probably a little faster off the line, but the GT is MUCH faster once that turbo kicks in! Aside from that the gt is obviously way more comfortable to drive, loving it.

Cool! I still have a soft spot for the various Civic hatchback generations.

Enjoy your LGT, a bit of modding and they go even faster and get more fun :)

A Cobb AP will really wake up the car. Let the enabling begin :) My GT that I mildly modified has 120k miles. I am not that worried about modifying it, if has a failure it was pretty likely that it was going to happen eventually anyways regardless of the mileage. Edited by dgoodhue

Thanks for the ideas, I'm hesitant to do any modding since the car is totally stock but it's deffinetely a temptation no lie. I just don't want to risk the engine not lasting as long ...

Thanks for the ideas, I'm hesitant to do any modding since the car is totally stock but it's deffinetely a temptation no lie. I just don't want to risk the engine not lasting as long ...
You should consider an aftermarket Jpipe with high flow cat and a protune at the very least. There have been issues with burnt valves on the stock tune.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

A few fairly inexpensive shifter updates give it a much better feel. Also, I heard about the stock tune issues, so the first thing I did was buy a Cobb AP and have been running the 91 octane OTS tune ever since.

the shifter bushing and shift stops are *huge* improvements to the shifter feel, definitely recommended.

Just don't but the cheap knock-off versions. There was a recent issue here with the weld on a generic Perrin style short shift adapter.

You guys mentioned shifter mods. I'll admit my one complaint about the car is the shift fee, particularly the shift from 2nd to 3rd. Could you post some links to these shift mods? Preferably the high quality ones? I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: I decided to buy the Perrin shift stop and shift linkage bushing, looking forward to the difference!

Edited by decoy

You guys mentioned shifter mods. I'll admit my one complaint about the car is the shift fee, particularly the shift from 2nd to 3rd. Could you post some links to these shift mods? Preferably the high quality ones? I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: I decided to buy the Perrin shift stop and shift linkage bushing, looking forward to the difference!

Did you get the short throw adapter as well?

I went with this Kartboy kit and pared it with the Perrin bushing.

https://www.kartboy.com/collections/2015-2018-wrx/products/subaru-6-spd-arm-w-bearing

The first mod I did and made a ton of difference in the driving experience.

If I was to list the shifter mods by bang for your buck

1 Short Throw Adapter

2 Bushing

3 STS Shifter Assembly

4 Shift stop

List by gains regardless of cost

1 STS Shifter Assembly

2 Short throw adapter

3 Bushing

4 Shift stop

So I installed the Perrin linkage bushing and shift stop, boy what a difference! 1st and 2nd gear are nice and tight now and with the new bushing, it feels like it's actually connected to a transmission!

Thanks for the suggestions guys, my only (minor) complaint with the car has now been corrected! For 50 bucks!