LegacyGT.com

Brake options for a 2013 non GT

You'd probably find someone selling the GT brakes for cheap (some would upgrade to 4 pots).

That would likely be the easiest upgrade while still fitting under your wheels. The GT brakes are vented all around and much bigger rotor on the front.

Quite close performance to brembos, but without the issues clearing smaller wheels.

Pair those with some decent rotors, pads and lines. Should be a great upgrade and won't be hard to just bolt in.

Unless there is some significant issue with your calipers and rotors I would just put on some good quality pads and rotors. I don't think the GT parts are a good enough improvement to warrant the cost. A brake pad upgrade along with better tires would be more noticeable than a ever so slightly larger rotor and vented rotors in the rear.

Hi all,

I contacted one of the guys that had a listing in the member's section, but no reply. If I dont find any other options, then I will yield toward new rotors and pads. As for tires, she is running decent Hankook v12s.

Can anyone else link me to some GT brakes that are for sale?

Search for calipers in the 2010-2014 classifieds section. Here’s the most recent result. I have no affiliation with the seller.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pa-2010-legacy-gt-oem-brake-kit-280019.html?t=280019

I have contacted him via PM, but no response. And I cannot write in the FS threads yet since I'm a new member.

I’ve got Centric PowerStop rotors and Akebono ceramic pads on my 3.6R. They were noisy at low speeds for a couple weeks while they bedded in (Akebono used to have a bed-in procedure, at least for the Euroceramics, and now they don’t?). Now they’re fine if you take into account for the behavior typical for ceramic pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

since we are all talking about brakes, why does Subaru show a single piston caliper for the car? my 14 base has dual pistons up front...

I’m inclined to think that it’s the same reason my dad’s early ‘15 Outback has late ‘14 front brakes and ‘15-on rear brakes. Seems like Subaru was doing some weird transitioning of parts and tooling during 2014. Pretty sure the fronts were dual-piston because I remember not being able to use my single-piston brake retractor for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk