LegacyGT.com

2011 LGT Leather steering wheel wrap from Ebay

I own a BMW and just recently sold my 11' 328i Sport and I had wrapped both of the steering wheels in leather wrap.

After recently buying a used 11' LGT, the steering wheel feel had a lot to be desired.

It is too thin and slippery and wanted a wheel that was more robust and grabbier..

I decided to check if on Ebay, a leather wrap exists to overlay on top the oem wheel.

I found this for outbacks but by the description, it states that it would fit Legacys as well. To ensure fitment after I made the purchase, the seller requested a picture of my steering to confirm fitment, and they did.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-made-PU-Leather-Steering-Wheel-Cover-Stitch-on-Wrap-For-Subaru-Outback/162782008506?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

You can request for what kind of material you want from suede or leather as well as preforated of full leather. You can either request for leather color and color of thread for the stitching.

The wrinkles are from the double sided tape, but they eventually smoothed out with in a few days.

Below are pictures before and after:

inside%20box_zpswxopvi1m.jpg

start%20wrap_zpspzfjjfsl.jpgtape_zpsewgtaguh.jpgstitching_zps41idgflo.jpgstitching_zps41idgflo.jpgstiches_zpszfwdn3jh.jpgdone_zps9a1xowyt.jpg

How much fun is that to sew onto the wheel?

End results makes it all worth while,...

Plus, ive completed 2 other steering wheels already for my BMWs so I was used to it,...

It will take you about 2 hours to complete though depending if you got compulsive behaviour like me or not to get the stitching and whole thing done. It helps to turn the steering wheel when you need to get the correct angles and use the dull needle when seeing so you dont prick yourself as I was provided a sharp needle as well.

But its easier than having to do a jpipe swap with stripped nuts or stuck exhaust studs that I just finished last week or trying to figure out how to swap in 11’ wrx seats jnto the LGT,...its all perspective,...

I did mine over a year ago with an identical kit from aliexpress for $16.

I took the wheel off the car so I could do it inside with a comfortable chair - I also took all of the trim pieces off (including buttons) and put them back on when I was done.

I stuck a rod through the center of the wheel and into a tube that I clamped to a table so that I could easily spin it back and forth like abakja1 said. I was also very meticulous with my stitching, so from wheel removal to install, it took me about 5 hours. Definitely could've been faster, had to undo large sections a few times.

I didn't use the double sided tape and its doing just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

6zMNLKA.jpg

I got mine $23 on Aliexpress or DHGate, can't recall. I love it. It was my second one, first one was red stitched. Didn't feel like it matched. Takes a good two hours. I did it with the wheel on. Just don't use the sticky tape right next to where you wedge it under the trim. It's tough but definite can be wedged. Also don't forget to tape the rear where your hands sit and the bottom. I did and it's a little slack there.

This guys video helped me with the install. Edited by Timothy.B