LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

The cop was probably trying to tell you that you should have been going faster than him if you were going to be in the middle lane. In Europe they have very strict highway laws governing speed, the appropriate lane to be in, and passing. Always stay as far right as possible until you encounter a slower car then pass and return to the right lane.

Yup, that's probably it. That's how they make it work on the Autobahn- you can go as fast as you want (in some sections), but it's very illegal to pass someone on their right. That's why people will get within a few car lengths before moving over to the left, and cut back in pretty quick, no telling when someone will come screaming up behind them at twice their speed.

• 2 weeks later...
Since we are replacing our Crosstrek with a 2019 Forester, I joined Subaruforester.org. Completely different type of people on there, a lot of complaining. With that said, when can I expect a Forester corner here? :lol:

Since we are replacing our Crosstrek with a 2019 Forester, I joined Subaruforester.org. Completely different type of people on there, a lot of complaining. With that said, when can I expect a Forester corner here? :lol:

Sounds like the Outback forum.:cool:

I started out on the Outback forum. It is a different group, but it's setup like here, with different sections depending on car generation. There its seems everyone is lumped together. At least, that's what I saw in the little time I've been on there.

I started out on the Outback forum. It is a different group, but it's setup like here, with different sections depending on car generation. There its seems everyone is lumped together. At least, that's what I saw in the little time I've been on there.
Yep, pretty much everyone is lumped together. I gave up trying to help because I had to ask the questions of what year, what model, far too often.

The forester forum was the one that really got me into forums at all. It was where I was most active prior to trading up for the GT. Like any online community there is a lot of good information hidden by a whole lot of repetitive noob content and the occasional troll or side hustler selling parts. I enjoyed my time there for the most part.

I was poking around trying to find any known issues with the 2019's, but wasn't the most user friendly. I guess the good thing is that it's my wife's and it's a lease. Neither will let me do anything to it. :lol:

I was poking around trying to find any known issues with the 2019's, but wasn't the most user friendly. I guess the good thing is that it's my wife's and it's a lease. Neither will let me do anything to it. :lol:

No different than here, at least for me, I usually use google search to find what I am looking for.

My wife has been doing this for just over a month. she seems to be pretty satisfied with them.

The one thing is that they aren't as refined as their more expensive competitors. I showed her how to customize the first set with a Dremel and a fine bit. Now, she does them every week or two that she changes out to new ones.

There seems to be a low level of annoyance to deal with most of the time, but she seems to be getting better at accepting it or she's getting used to them over time. Sore tongue or cheeks seems to be the biggest issues so far, with sore jaw/teeth seeming to be less of an issue than the others.

Good luck!

It was super sketch haha. I went to a little office INSIDE of a Walgreens, had a 3d scan of my teeth. This device takes 6,000 pictures a second. The dude told me they'll make a 3d model of it and a dentist makes your liners from it. They even show you what your smile will look like after its done. That was just two weeks ago and my aligners are already here. I heard about soreness, but they say its from the teeth gradually shifting. I'm excited, but also scared lol.

I heard about trimming the top edges for a more comfortable fit, but I also don't want to mess up the structural tension these aligners are designed to do.

Edited by ibr_adam09

You will clearly see how much material you can take off. My wife was worried about the same, but they seem to need some amount of adjustment either way. Plus, I think you would have to trim them pretty far to have much of an effect on the rigidity of the braces/retainers.

I don't know if you have weekends free from work or not, but my wife started them on a Friday after work, so she could get used to how uncomfortable they were before a week of work.

• 2 weeks later...
dropping my car off to get head gaskets, front and rear main seals, and oil pan reseal done tomorrow while i'm on vacation next week. any recommendations on what else should be done while they're in there?

Kinda surprised they still have some sets left. That's what I paid for my set back in March....which are still in the box.

I bought mine not long after, but got crazy and opened the box and had them installed. And then....3 weeks ago Eibach sent me another set. They didn’t charge me for the second set, but after I told FedEx to send em back, Eibach refunded me anyway. So yeah, they’re literally giving them away.