LegacyGT.com

Who thinks this is a good Idea? F2...

05LGTLtd

I've been thinking about some of the changes and trends in SOA lately. Some of the changes included are a generalized increase in size. Also the diesel is looming out there...

So What if we take a Tribeca Unibody chassis, and alter it a bit. Beef up the suspension a tad. Square the body out to make it look More like an SUV and less like a MiniVan. Throw in A flat Six diesel, AND a dual range tranny. Make the interior more utility than the Tribeca, maybe even a hose out Honda Element kinda Idea. Maybe they could try not to stick a bunch of body trim on it and keep a clean line. Just some nice beefy fender flares to give a aggressive off road look.

Call it an F2, or Walden I don't care.

You'd have a subaru you could tow something with if you needed to, and a little more than "all road" capability.

Anybody else think this might be a avenue Subaru should explore? I can definately see how a vehicle like this could fit into my needs.

(After reading this I realize I just described a Toyota FJ cruiser with a subaru driveline!! Ha Ha..)

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

sounds cool to me. Im thinking about getting a baja used in a few years if I dont get our pickup truck hand-me-down from my parents. they are going to get a new one and said I can "buy" for a reasonable price when they get rid of it. If i have the need for a tow vehicle (once i move out of the house) and the truck isnt available for sale ill get some other vehicle to tow my boat with...

The new auto trends in the market are compacts and crossovers... I don't think this would be a viable choice for Subaru (it would probably go a similar route as the Baja).

Not only would this compete with Toyota but also Hummer... I don't think theres much room in this part of the market.

I'd be a potential customer for something like that. FJ isn't a bad target, but give the damn thing some decent visibility, a real rear door, and fold-flat rear seats. If you sacrifice on the luxury bits to keep the price down and make it more utilitarian I think it could do very well if they keep it under $30K.

Oh, and in this class you have the H3 (rediculously overpriced, underpowered, no fold-flat rear seats, and blinded by short windows), the FJ (no real rear door, no fold-flat rear seats, again with the visibility), the Wrangler Unlimited (underpowered and expensive), and the Xterra (best option in my opinion). If Jeep puts a diesel in the Wrangler I'll consider it, but it'll still be big $$. Subie wouldn't have to go as hardcore offroad as those, but offer something in between those and your current plethora of car-based fire-road only capable family SUVs.

forgot how nice the xteras are. A friend of mine Shauna had a real nice black one she had leather seats put in. Sucks she drove it off the road into a ditch at about 50, but thats the way highschool goes

I'd be a potential customer for something like that. FJ isn't a bad target, but give the damn thing some decent visibility, a real rear door, and fold-flat rear seats. If you sacrifice on the luxury bits to keep the price down and make it more utilitarian I think it could do very well if they keep it under $30K.

Oh, and in this class you have the H3 (rediculously overpriced, underpowered, no fold-flat rear seats, and blinded by short windows), the FJ (no real rear door, no fold-flat rear seats, again with the visibility), the Wrangler Unlimited (underpowered and expensive), and the Xterra (best option in my opinion). If Jeep puts a diesel in the Wrangler I'll consider it, but it'll still be big $$. Subie wouldn't have to go as hardcore offroad as those, but offer something in between those and your current plethora of car-based fire-road only capable family SUVs.

The new auto trends in the market are compacts and crossovers... I don't think this would be a viable choice for Subaru (it would probably go a similar route as the Baja).

Not only would this compete with Toyota but also Hummer... I don't think theres much room in this part of the market.

One of the problems Subaru has is that people "outgrow" their cars. Thats why they decided to expand the legacy platform and offer the Tribeca. I'm just saying utlilize the same platform to offer something with some SUV appeal. I think lots of people are turned off by the tribeca's exterior... I doubt I'd buy one. The second version is better looking that the original, though ...

I think that a vehicle like this could take a good shot at the toyota highlander hybrid as well. WIth the diesel, economy should be as good or slightly better than the current Subaru line, even with a bigger vehicle. Dual range transmision could be a benifit for economy as well...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Man i hate those new hummers. If I would ever get a hummer it would only be an H1 with the diesel conversion kit

I don't like them either. I just don't understand having such a vehicle that runs on gasoline and not even offering a diesel. What an uneccessary waste.

id like to see them come out with a real offroader sorta like the landy disco, defender or toyota land cruiser i just wonder if sawd could stand up to that kinda punishment. Hummers are tahoes with a with a weight problem always have hated them always will hate them. jeeps are as reliable as frikin alfas and the the fj looks like a baby h3

I've been thinking about some of the changes and trends in SOA lately. Some of the changes included are a generalized increase in size. Also the diesel is looming out there...

So What if we take a Tribeca Unibody chassis, and alter it a bit. Beef up the suspension a tad. Square the body out to make it look More like an SUV and less like a MiniVan. Throw in A flat Six diesel, AND a dual range tranny. Make the interior more utility than the Tribeca, maybe even a hose out Honda Element kinda Idea. Maybe they could try not to stick a bunch of body trim on it and keep a clean line. Just some nice beefy fender flares to give a aggressive off road look.

Call it an F2, or Walden I don't care.

You'd have a subaru you could tow something with if you needed to, and a little more than "all road" capability.

Anybody else think this might be a avenue Subaru should explore? I can definately see how a vehicle like this could fit into my needs.

(After reading this I realize I just described a Toyota FJ cruiser with a subaru driveline!! Ha Ha..)

I would hit that, the current Tribeca looks too much like a minivan. They need a Element/FJ style to attract less of the soccer mom audience.

id like to see them come out with a real offroader sorta like the landy disco, defender or toyota land cruiser i just wonder if sawd could stand up to that kinda punishment. Hummers are tahoes with a with a weight problem always have hated them always will hate them. jeeps are as reliable as frikin alfas and the the fj looks like a baby h3

agree with you totally but the H1 doesnt go in the same cat. as the H2 and H3s.

Archived